College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Your Top 10 Through 5

+11 HS
BuckeyeFanInBoulder's picture
October 1, 2023 at 1:54am
100 Comments
Here it is folks, tonight's top 10 list.
We still have a month of Tuesdays to wait, but through 5 weeks, who ya got? This thing is wide open. Here's mine:
  1. Washington: appear to already be in mid-November form, aside from letting Arizona hang around late tonight, but they're the only team you can say that about
  2. Texas: best win of the year so far
  3. Georgia: have trailed by double digits in both of their SEC games. Flirtin' with disaster. That said, I'm not certain who else I'd definitively put above them right now.
  4. tOSU: lots of room for improvement, but a top 10 road win. I would say the jury is out on whether that win's value went up tonight. Very high ceiling, looking like they can be a very complete team.
  5. TTUN: have played no one, their schedule is definitely the worst in this top 10. Have looked good in conference play against hot air. I would genuinely pick us against them right now, cautious/narrowly, from what I've seen so far.
  6. FSU: the win against LSU is losing value, plus they looked bad @ BC then needed OT last week... but they're winning.
  7. PSU: have looked dominant but also very pedestrian. I'm not sure that they're getting better, which would be my concern if I were a fan of theirs, but I like them at home against TTUN.
  8. Oregon: They appear to be a more complete team than USC, but we'll find out soon enough. They certainly played CU better.
  9. USC: the offense is as good as the defense is suspect. I believe they will lose at least 1 in October (Utah, ND, Arizona) and November (Oregon, Washington)
  10. Oklahoma: They are beating bad teams... so in that sense I see them similar to TTUN and PSU. I think you could also argue for Bama and ND here, or even Kentucky, but I won't.

I think 1-5 is a tier above 6-10, but within those two groupings, anyone could be anyone.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 100 Comments