College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Martin Jarmond to Be Named UCLA AD

+2 HS
Floyd Stahl's picture
May 16, 2020 at 3:50pm
1 Comment

Boston College athletic director Martin Jarmond will reportedly accept the open position of athletic director at UCLA. After three years at Chestnut Hill in the same position, and previously serving as associate AD under Gene Smith here at Ohio State, Jarmond will be tasked with turning around a department that is $19M in debt, and beset by a string of bad hires in football and basketball by long time AD Dan Guerrero, with the recent Mick Cronin hire being the possible exception. Jarmond is considered one of the rising stars in athletic administration and has long been seen as the eventual successor to Smith whenever he retires. Do you guys think this is still in play when Smith retires, as UCLA is considered one of the top programs in the country with a rich history of national championships, particularly in the Olympic sports? Also, I wonder how this will affect Jeff Hafley since he'll no longer be working under the boss that hired him at BC. Personally, I feel that it all depends on timing and when it is that Smith actually retires. I remember back in the day when Paul Krebs was the hot commodity in athletic administration and many saw him as eventually being the Ohio State AD, but instead he has gone on to make his impact at New Mexico and other schools. (Just looked it up and he is no longer the AD at New Mexico as of September 2019 as he got in trouble with the law). https://www.si.com/college/bostoncollege/football/martin-jarmond-named-n...

(CLOSING THREAD - it’s in Buckshots)

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 1 Comments