College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Oklahoman Columnist Berry Tramel Doesn’t Think Big 12 Expansion Will Happen

+2 HS
Benwin's picture
September 13, 2016 at 4:22pm
63 Comments

Tramel: The last 20 years, OU has done more of its [recruiting] damage in Dallas than Houston. Oklahoma State has really gone into Houston the last 20 years. [The Houston airport has] a huge billboard in the terminal as you’re walking to baggage claim: “Oklahoma State University – a brighter shade of orange.” The Sooners have not capped as many out of Houston as they have out of Dallas.

Horn: Will the resurrection of the Houston program affect Oklahoma-Oklahoma State?

Tramel: OSU absolutely does not want Houston in the Big 12. I don’t think OU does either but I don’t think they’re adamant about it. It’d cost them a recruit or two. OSU thinks hey it could cost us a bunch of recruits.

Horn: Is there any way if there’s expansion to keep Houston out?

Tramel: I don’t think there’s going to be an expansion. I don’t think there is. I think there are some schools that don’t want it and even if you get the chances to have expansion, then you’ve got to go back to the table and figure out food. I don’t think there’s a consensus there. My money is stronger and stronger on no expansion.

Sherrington: I think so too.

DallasNews

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 63 Comments