College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Victim says Baylor threatened her with conduct code violations

+6 HS
Magic Conch Shell's picture
July 31, 2016 at 9:53am
54 Comments

The victim says Baylor told her that if she reported her case they would tell her parents about her drinking and drug habits.

their parents would be informed of their alcohol or drug use under the student conduct code

In some cases Baylor punished victims under their alcohol and drug policy. One women said she was penalized by the university for drinking off campus after she reported to police an assault that happened off campus. 

she said. She told Baylor officials her drinking was a result of being raped a month earlier and detailed what happened in person and in a letter.

Baylor also violated Title 9 laws by saying they could not investigate off campus assaults.

I was told by many Baylor staff that they couldn’t do anything for me because my assault was off campus, yet they had no problem punishing me for my off-campus drinking,” the woman said.

If the woman is telling the truth the whole school should be shut down, not just the athletic department. Evidence has shown this school at every level, even the people who are assigned to help these victims encouraged silence and harvested a culture of violence and victim blaming. I don't understand why Baylor never helped these victims, a number of the cases don't involve athletes. This isn't an athletic department problem, this a school problem.

http://deadspin.com/report-baylor-coerced-rape-victims-into-silence-by-t...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 54 Comments