College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

USC names Lynn Swann as new athletic director

+2 HS
Defiance's picture
April 13, 2016 at 3:31pm
46 Comments

Just like it did with his predecessor, USC has turned to a former Trojan football great to lead its athletics department

Whether you're a fan of USC or not, Lynn Swann has always embodied a stand-up guy who seemed to play the game the right way.

In a press release, the university announced that it has hired Lynn Swann as its new athletic director, effective July 1 of this year.  Swann was an All-American wide receiver with the Trojans in the early seventies, then went on to a career in the NFL that included a Super Bowl MVP trophy and ended with his induction into the Hall of Fame in 2001. 

Swann seems to have his priorities in order and would be considered by most to be an upgrade over the situation they are dealing with in regards to their former AD.

Swann will replace Pat Haden, the former Trojan quarterback who was forced to step down earlier this year because of health issues.

“I am excited about coming back to USC — its growth and success under President Nikias has been phenomenal and my family and I are looking forward to being a part of that,” said Swann. “As athletic director, my goals for the student-athletes will be to graduate, to win and to experience."

Here's a link to the article.

What does this mean for USC? That's a good question but seems like a great place to begin to rebuild. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 46 Comments