College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Alabama or Florida? hypothetical CFB playoff opponent

0 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture
November 18, 2015 at 6:41pm
26 Comments

Ohio State has a ton of Work to do, to get voted into the CFB playoff bracket.

Florida has Florida State and Alabama on the horizon

Alabama has Florida on the Horizon.

Say it all works out in favor of the Buckeyes and they get matched up against an SEC team, which team would you rather face in the playoff?  Florida or Alabama?

We owe Florida a loss for 2006 and 2011, their fan base would be complete irrational getting beat by Urban....the Paul Finebaum show would be must listen to TV for about 3 months.  Urban might be a tad bit torn, because I don't think he "hates" Florida, but it may allow him to completely close the book on that part of his life.  Ohio State would still get a win over the SEC Champ.

Alabama.....half the country's media darling, somehow with a home loss ranked ahead of the undefeated reigning National Champs.  Would be so awesome to beat them again...the hush over the South would be worth a lot to OSU's legacy.  Media says Alabama has the best defense, Saban is legendary and Derrick Henrey is getting a ton of Heisman hype (despite similar numbers to Elliot).

IMO, I'd rather face Florida for the comic value of the pregame jousting from the SEC fans, but on a football matchup angle I'd rather face Alabama .

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 26 Comments