College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Week # 10 B1G predictions

0 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture
October 26, 2014 at 3:21pm
6 Comments

Northwestern (3-4) @ Iowa (5-2)- picking home team Iowa.  Both teams can be solid and either can play like sh!t.  Which teams show up is anyone's guess.  Safest bet is to go with the home team here.  Iowa 23-18.

Maryland (5-3) @ Penn State (4-3)- both teams coming off of physical losses.  Another tough conference matchup to pick.  I like Maryland's offense, but PSU's defense is good too.  Picking Maryland because of the post OSU game curse that is now on PSU.  Maryland 28-17.

Wisconsin (5-2) @ Rutgers (5-3)- the reward for having played OSU and Nebraska on the road in back to back weeks, is getting a steady does of Melvin Gordon.  Rutgers is a scrappy team, just not real deep.... Don't think they will pass the test against Wisconsin's huge OL.  Melvin Gordon goes for 150 yards and 3 TD. Wisconsin 30- 21.

Purdue (3-5) @ Nebraska (7-1)- Amir Abduhlah is the favorite for B1G offensive player of the year.  Purdue got a win last week against Minnesota, but they'll take the loss here.  Purdue has been playing better so they just won't lose by as much.  Nebraska 35-21.

Indiana (3-4) @ Michigan (3-5)- the loser will have the worst record in the B1G.  Do you hear that Ann Arbor?  Now way Michigan losses this.  I don't know how they will win it, but they can't lose it, or they are the worst.  Picking Michigan to win based on pride alone. 38-35.

Illinois (4-4) @ Ohio State (6-1) 24 hours ago I would have picked OSU to win 50-20. I'm a little more reserved today.  Buckeyes will win, this is no trap game going into East Lansing Nov 8.  OSU coaches should have player's full attention after close game to Penn State.  Buckeyes have home field advantage and talent advantage at every spot on the field.  Expecting a 35-20 win.

in Matchups of teams in the Top 25:

TCU @ West Virginia- would love for WVU to give TCU the Baylor treatment, but TCU is too good.  TCU wins

Auburn @ Ole Miss- Auburn  and not close, IMO.

Arizona @ UCLA- tough one to pick.  With these teams, just when you think you know, you don't know.  Picking Arizona for no worthwhile reason.

Utah @ Arizona State- I think Utah is a quality team.  Should be a great game. I'll be staying up late late to watch this after OSU/ Ill. Picking Utah.

upset of the week:

Florida State loses @ Louisville....... Please.  I wouldn't put any money on it, just a lot of hope.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 6 Comments