College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

The circular logic of the polls

0 HS
CTBuckeye's picture
October 5, 2014 at 10:21am
25 Comments

This has been discussed here a few times, mostly when the new set of polls come out, but I'm wondering what people think will happen after the shake up in the SEC yesterday?  My guess is most of the teams will just switch places for the most part, with Alabama and A&M not falling above #15, while Oregon, Oklahoma, and UCLA getting hammered for their losses.  

Why?  Because losing a game if you're not in the SEC is the worst thing that can possibly happen (sarcasm)...

Seriously though, I'm worried that this week to week pandering to all things SEC on ESPN and in the polls will lead to at least 2 teams making, and a chance at more.

I'm hoping the committee will be smarter than that, and not overlook a team like Oregon if they manage to run the table, but I'm not so sure.

My biggest hope is that they conference continues to beat each other so that none of them, outside of the SEC champ, will get in.

Thoughts? Rants?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 25 Comments