College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

ESPN story about App St./Michigan 2007

jeremytwoface's picture
August 29, 2014 at 12:52pm
10 Comments

Some nice quotes from some of the players and coaches from the game in this article.

Including this from Michigan Receiver Greg Matthews --- 

I would say we lost that game probably the week before. I'll speak for myself, and I know there were obviously some of my teammates doing the same thing as well. It was welcome week, where all the students had come back to school and class hasn't started yet and we just got out of camp. Throughout that week, there were a bunch of parties. Every night of the week, it was like a crazy, insane party. I just didn't manage that very well. Guys were missing practice, coming to practice hungover, having to sit out because they were hungover. We lost that game that week.

Good stuff. 

droessl's picture

Are you suggesting we all drive to a certain town in a certain state to the north and force feed people some booze? 

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Too late for that now, the week before has come and gone.

Also, this App State team is nothing like the team in 2007.

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

js2378's picture

The ESPN article reads like the bastardized step-child of the SI article that came out (notice the same quotes): http://www.si.com/longform/appstate/ 

The only new things appear to be the Michigan quotes.

+1 HS
FunZone's picture

Yeah, SI's was far more complete in my eyes

I asked Braxton how his knee was before halftime at Berkeley and he said, "What up, man."

DCBuckeye33's picture

athletes have all the fun huh?

GO BUCKS

brandonbauer87's picture

I can't believe it was that long ago. 

Rob Reese's picture

throughout that week, there were a bunch of parties. Every night of the week, it was like a crazy, insane party. I just didn't manage that very well. 

Yeah.  That's it.  Because the kids from 'the other school' don't drink and attend wild parties throughout the week.  That's reserved for div 1, FBS schools.  Suck it up cupcake, you got beat.  To an FCS school!  

Becool12's picture

Didn't they get spanked the next week too? What's the excuse for that one? 

Buckeye Knight's picture

They got drunk all week again, but this time to drown their sorrows from the Appy State loss.

Seattle Linga's picture

Should be a good game but I would assume that ttun will handle App State