Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Lebron James is a Cleveland Cavalier

Sebastian's picture
July 9, 2014 at 1:43pm
197 Comments

LeBron James' announcement of him going to Cleveland will come shortly after meeting with Riley. Cavs target is Love after he signs.    #BOOM BOOM BOOM

*Update*  Announcement will be known nationally by 7 PM EST.

Braxton2Devin's picture

I WILL FLIP MY SHIT 

+1 HS
AeroBuckeye2001's picture

The Ohio State University Class of 2001
BS Aero & Astronautical Engineering

+3 HS
Danify's picture

Multiple links or it isn't true. Hahaha.

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Chris Broussard. XD

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

BierStube's picture

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+22 HS
Hoody Wayes's picture

Click to vote on this guy and Safari freezes:

An AJAX HTTP error occurred.

HTTP Result Code: 500
Debugging information follows.
Path: /vote/comment/868772/1/helmet_stickers/helmetstickers/LMV8NknG0Lywu1KwVH9FBxWD6EjESrAqGTtb2Sz52Rw/ajax
StatusText: Internal Server Error
ResponseText: PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 145 Table './elevenwa_tatum/watchdog' is marked as crashed and should be repaired: INSERT INTO {watchdog} (uid, type, message, variables, severity, link, location, referer, hostname, timestamp) VALUES (:db_insert_placeholder_0, :db_insert_placeholder_1, :db_insert_placeholder_2, :db_insert_placeholder_3, :db_insert_placeholder_4, :db_insert_placeholder_5, :db_insert_placeholder_6, :db_insert_placeholder_7, :db_insert_placeholder_8, :db_insert_placeholder_9); Array
(
[:db_insert_placeholder_0] => 695
[:db_insert_placeholder_1] => php
[:db_insert_placeholder_2] => %type: !message in %function (line %line of %file).
[:db_insert_placeholder_3] => a:6:{s:5:"%type";s:6:"Notice";s:8:"!message";s:27:"Undefined index: entity_uid";s:9:"%function";s:9:"include()";s:5:"%file";s:95:"/home/elevenwa/public_html/sites/all/modules/vote_up_down/widgets/helmetstickers/widget.tpl.php";s:5:"%line";i:19;s:14:"severity_level";i:5;}
[:db_insert_placeholder_4] => 5
[:db_insert_placeholder_5] => 
[:db_insert_placeholder_6] => http://www.elevenwarriors.com/vote/comment/868772/1/helmet_stickers/helm...
[:db_insert_placeholder_7] => http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/college-sports/2014/07/37316/lebron-...
[:db_insert_placeholder_8] => 72.241.79.122
[:db_insert_placeholder_9] => 1404930840
)
in dblog_watchdog() (line 160 of /home/elevenwa/public_html/modules/dblog/dblog.module).

+2 HS
BHT's picture

This happened to someone else in a different forum post (or maybe an article). DJ said it was fixed.

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Yeah this is terribly inaccurate. While you've gone and done the usual trollish move of going all in on a 50/50 call...

The fact that you've cited Kevin Love as their other main target shows you're flat talking out your ass.

Unless they plan on trading Kyrie, there is no way that the Cavs can handle 3 max contracts.

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+5 HS
Sebastian's picture

To clarify: Cavs have an offer on the table to Minnesota for Kevin Love. The ball is in Minnesota's court.

-6 HS
osu07asu10's picture

No they don't. Thanks for trying though!

-10 HS
AJBor41's picture

Lots of sites are reporting that Wiggins is in the offer for Love.  Pretty simple Google search will confirm that it's at least in discussion.  Not saying anything is a done deal, as the OP did, but still.

+7 HS
AJBor41's picture

In my defense, the site exploded and 4peated my comment.  I'm far too lazy to type anything that many times.

+3 HS
jaxbuckeye's picture

Actuallly you are wrong. They have a trade lined up for Brendan Haywood. I have no idea why no one is talking about it. Google it. As part of his being amnestied, the Cavs get $10M of cap space if they trade him before next August. It lets them take back up to $15M!  That's huge!

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Actuallly you are wrong. They have a trade lined up for Brendan Haywood. I have no idea why no one is talking about it. Google it. As part of his being amnestied, the Cavs get $10M of cap space if they trade him before next August. It lets them take back up to $15M!  That's huge!

If they do trade for Love, I think the long-term plan is to use the Haywood contract to clear cap space. If you think about it, next season is when Kyrie's max contract kicks in and when salary cap and luxury tax becomes a concern.

Also, the Cavs cannot move Haywood this season to acquire Love, it would be only after next season when his contract balloons from $2.2m to the $10m non-guaranteed contract.

-2 HS
osu07asu10's picture

So the cavs have talked to LBJs agent, but not Minnesota?

My point is that the OP took two rumors that are both coin flips and asserted that it is a done deal. He has no sources, has no detailed information, and is completely full of conjecture like the rest of us.

-5 HS
Sebastian's picture

Per Adrian Wojnarowski

Cavaliers are pursuing a Kevin Love trade with Minnesota, contingent on the signing of LeBron James, league sources tell Yahoo Sports

-2 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Your first source, congrats! Per Brian Wildhorst the Cavs and Wolves have not had discussions since before the draft

-10 HS
OSUStu's picture

Thank you for the extra BOOMS for emphasis.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

osu07asu10's picture

double post

OSUStu's picture

Double post.  The site is trying to poop its pants again.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+4 HS
s.pasadena fl's picture

Being from Akron I hope it's true. It would be GREAT for my old home town and North East Ohio!

Ed Hopper

+1 HS
BrooklynBuckeye's picture

Lebron to Cleveland. RNC in Cleveland in 2016. #LebRonPaul2016

+24 HS
RickKaneWasHere's picture

haha now that is funny!

#LeBronPaul

Can you put the past away?

+1 HS

haha now that is funny!

#LeBronPaul

+2 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

F5...F5...F5...F5...F5...F5...

When you're holding a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

+4 HS
BierStube's picture

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+6 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

so glad you created a whole forum post to say this. I think there are a shortage of Lebron to cleveland posts around this site. slackers!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+8 HS
Unky Buck's picture

I wonder what all of these people will say if LeBron doesn't sign with Cleveland.... #FireFickell

+10 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

To go back to Miami would be the most perfect middle finger ever after all this hype again. 

+1 HS
BUCKSOMIES's picture

Either that or it'll be UFM's fault.  Take your pick.

Baroclinicity's picture

Thoughts/comments?

Apparently those on the list are his high school teammates per cleveland.com.

+3 HS
OSUStu's picture

Have the Cavs signed them?

+6 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

Per Brian Windhorst, they're trying...

+4 HS
OSUStu's picture

Big, BIG news!

+1 HS
RedStorm45's picture

BassDropper, is that you?

RedStorm45's picture

BassDropper, is that you?

Denny's picture

LeBron James is an NBA Free Agent.

Taquitos.

+3 HS
FitzBuck's picture

You can't triple post a double post.

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

+4 HS
DJ Byrnes's picture

the king, larbon jam, is coming home. go on and run that.

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

Unky Buck's picture

larbon jam

Hitting the bottle early today, DJ?

+4 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

I'll drink to that!

+5 HS

Bron-Bron back to Cle-Cle?...

...given the horribly-orchestrated "Decision" & the subsequent burning of the #23 Cleveland Cavs jerseys....this reunion may bring some initial awkwardness.

More awkward, than say, when you're at the urinal & a guy named Tom Crean steps up beside you.

-2 HS
BassDropper's picture

you can say that again...

DIRECTIONER

-1 HS

Bron-Bron back to Cle-Cle?...

...given the horribly-orchestrated "Decision" & the subsequent burning of the #23 Cleveland Cavs jerseys....this reunion may bring some initial awkwardness.

More awkward, than say, when you're at the urinal & a guy named Tom Crean steps up beside you.

+4 HS
Woodshed's picture

Ugh, in before the lock.

+1 HS
Gray Box's picture
+7 HS
buckeyeguy0615's picture

Is it the ride where it shoots you up super high, getting your hopes way up then it shoots down really fast crushing all your hopes and dreams?

+27 HS
GoBucks713's picture

The Top Thrill Dragster would be perfect. You wait and wait and wait and wait to get on, it get your heart pumping quickly, then it's over in 17 seconds, and it constantly quits working.

-The Aristocrats!

I_Run_The_Dave's picture

Rename the dragster, "Top Thrill Decision"?  You could put a "Leaving Cleveland" sign at the start and "Entering Cleveland" sign at the end points along with "Welcome to Miami" and "Leaving Miami" signs at the top.  And the continuous 2 hour wait for the ride will now seem short!

+1 HS
Earle's picture

If James trolls Cavs fans and signs with Miami again, they should still rename a coaster for him: The Mean Streak.

Italics are for emphasis.

+1 HS
Sebastian's picture

Get ready Cleveland

-5 HS
SeattleBuckeye20614's picture

What's your source for the 7 PM EST announcement?

+1 HS
Dweinz's picture
+1 HS
SeattleBuckeye20614's picture

Thank you kindly, sir. Looks like his tweet before that say's "Sounds like Lebron will take tonight to think on things. I'm told things still looking good for Cleveland. But it's fluid #CavsGoodKarma"

I figure if he was announcing tonight there would be a lot more buzz... but who knows.

+1 HS
DJ Byrnes's picture

the king is curming the kring is curming

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

DefendYoungstown's picture

@Sebastian, I guess you or your source wasn't correct with the 7pm ET announcement...

What we can't do in the air we'll do on the ground.

+2 HS
Sebastian's picture

LeBron James is returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers, a source tells Sheridanhoops.com .

-5 HS
DefendYoungstown's picture

Not a Cleveland fan by any stretch, I would like to see him come back to the Cavs.  That being said, I won't believe it until the contract is signed. If he comes back and wins it all (without a Big 3 type of lineup) he will be considered one of the best of all time. I think with the youth and talent on the roster there's a good chance for him to succeed. 

What we can't do in the air we'll do on the ground.

BassDropper's picture

He will have a Big 3 type of lineup in Cleveland...actually it will be better

DIRECTIONER

+5 HS
OSU069's picture

He will have a big 3, Wiggins and Kyrie> Old, bad knees D Wade and Bosh. 

+3 HS
nrbuckguy's picture

Not to mention waiters, thompson, and hell even bennett are better role players than the heat have right now.

In Urban We Trust

+2 HS

Wade might be injury prone, but so is Kyrie. And Wiggins hasn't even played a game yet. :/

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+2 HS
OSU069's picture

But Kyrie played 71 games last year, the most in his career, while Wade is progressively playing less games each year.

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

I can confirm...multiple sauces.

+15 HS
FitzBuck's picture

That's re-tartar sauce

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

TraSmith4's picture

Just reported by multiple sources that no decision will be announced tonight.

kareemabduljacobb's picture

I hope he comes back to the Cavs but that'll be an awkward convo with Gilbert after all the dumb shit he said when LeBron left.

osu07asu10's picture

So just to reiterate, the OP knew nothing and was basically being spoon fed from Woj, Sheridan, and Rizzo.

He knew nothing. It all may end up true as he made a call on two coin flips but he had nothing at all when he posted this

-2 HS
Optimistic Buckeye Pessimist's picture

Being a member on this site doesn't entitle you to accurate information posted by community members.  The only 100% accurate and trusted information comes from the staff.

You shouldn't be such a jerk to those who try and bring information and even speculation to the site - they are trying to enhance the community.  You're certainly free to express your opinion and doubt, but you can do so without coming off as entitled and condescending towards the OP.  

Read my entire screen name....

+3 HS
osu07asu10's picture

+1 HS
Sebastian's picture

I did not have the timeline exactly correct, but your bitterness and insults show what kind of person you really are. i'm so glad i don't live in your world.. and by the way Lebron will be a Cavalier

-10 HS
original buckeye's picture

Quit whining.  You spoke with a great deal of certainty and you were wrong.  So people called you out over it.  Big deal.  My suggestion--get a thicker skin, or don't post things unless you're positive they're true. 

+16 HS
chromedomebuck's picture

Champions Bleed Scarlet & Gray

+3 HS
scottyp_330's picture

Let's stick to football talk on here because some of these comments are absurd.

+3 HS
phxbuck's picture

Oh hey Sebastian if you jinxed this.......

+2 HS
Woodshed's picture

Why is this thread still open?

+1 HS
elitesmithie's picture

Complete Cleveland homer here.

Owner 1: Made stupid letter

Owner 2: Cut players to save on tax money while asking the Big 3 to cut salary to sacrifice (Mike Miller/Joel Anthony etc)

Only one of these poor decisions effect on court outcomes. Just something to think about....

+3 HS
highwire's picture

I'm a big supporter of all Ohio talent. I think if "the decision" was tonight James would be headed to Cleveland. Postponement makes me weary, but I still feel the Cavs have a decent shot. Either way, I'll support local talent.

+1 HS
elitesmithie's picture

I think we are in good shape. The fact that he sat down with Riley for an hour face to face and didn't get an agreement is a positive.

KingsRite's picture

Stephen A. Smith is reporting Lebron to Cleveland is 100% Done Deal. The reports last night about Lebron being undecided appear to be Hogwash.

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

MordenoftheSith's picture

Do you have a link to said report?  Not seeing anything on his twitter or the 4 letter network.

If you only knew the POWER of the Dark Side.

KingsRite's picture

He was on Mike and Mike this morning. Twitter #StormTheLand.

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+1 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture

IF he does come to the Cavs I hope to god they change those hideous uniforms.

joejoe04's picture

Couldn't agree more. The current ones are one of the worst in team history. I'd be open to something new, but I also kind of like these ones:

+1 HS
Earle's picture

Nothing was worse than these:

+7 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

The uni or the guy wearing it?

+7 HS
Earle's picture

Believe it or not, it wasn't that hard to find two pictures of Kemp looking like he couldn't care less.

+5 HS
Zaphod Beeblebrox's picture

After LeBron who's the 2nd best Cav of all time, Danny Ferry?

+1 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

I'm not sure if you're seriously asking a question here.  If you are, not close at all.

+2 HS

I was just kidding around. My actual pick would probably be Mark Price. Always liked watching that guy play back in the day.

+1 HS
joejoe04's picture

I agree completely, that's why I said "one of the worst."

d1145fresh's picture

If Lebron returns to Cleveland why would they make a move (i.e. trade Wiggins) for Love. You could wait one year when his contract is up. You no longer will have Andy on the roster and could easily clear out another 5-7 million bringing your cap space to approximately 17 million. That would be enough to offer Love a contract. Then you have an unreal lineup of KI, LBJ, Wiggins, Love and probably TT. With some good role players coming off the bench. That is a championship contender every year.

+3 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

Hell, even if you wait until the trade deadline or something like that, you probably wouldn't have to give up Wiggins.  I agree whole heartedly.

+1 HS
d1145fresh's picture

Exactly. Minnesota is going to try and get something for him but right now he has a lot of value. At the trade deadline it is either 1. we get him for a couple months on a bad team then he leaves OR 2. we can sign and trade him and get some value out of it. Either way there is no reason for the Cavs to give up Wiggins in a deal.

Plus if Love really wants to play with Lebron and gets traded to another team... all he has to do is not sign next summer then sign with the Cavs.

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Yeah, I don't want to give up Wiggins.

I think the Cavs tell Minnesota they can't touch Kyrie, Wiggins, or Thompson (Rich Paul is his agent) but they can have anything else. Hell, they can have 2 of the 3 1st rd picks for 2015.

DefenceWinsChampionships's picture

Yea, the thing you are forgetting is that Kyrie's new contract kicks in next year, jumping from 7 mil to 15-16 mil. Plus you have other players getting sallery bumps as well... so much for all that cap room. If you want another star the only year you can make a move is this year.

d1145fresh's picture

Kyrie's new contract does take up some cap space but they have trade exceptions to use and will likely be able to bring in another guy in the 15 million range. Especially since the cap is moving up drastically next year with the new TV deal. Likely to be in the 80 million range. And Gilbert has no problem paying luxury tax if it means Kyrie, Wiggins, Lebron AND Love.

If Gilbert would move the Cavs to Akron I think for sure LeBron would return to the organization. They could play their games at the historic JAR.

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

They could play their games at the historic JAR

LBJ did play his HS games there junior and senior year I believe due to the demand to watch him and SVSM play.

-1 HS

Yep during LeBron's sr. year at SVSM they did play some games at the JAR. More seating than SVSM's tiny gym. But I thought it was outta line that the Irish that year charged $ 15 a ticket for a HS hoops game.

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Private school..all about that ca$h!

Exactly. I went to Garfield, the two schools I have never cared about are SVSM & Central Hower.

osu07asu10's picture

Had some friends who went to Garfield. Grew up in between Akron and Canton. Never was a fan of playing against SVSM or any private school. Walsh Jesuit took the cake for me!

-1 HS

I no longer have any family in Akron although some of my friends back home say the city is really going downhill. I finally got outta there 8+ years ago & do not miss it.

gumtape's picture

Akron is turning into a health care and rubber town. There is a lot of oil money coming in to Carroll county so we have dozens of new hotels.
The good news is you can get a good deal on a house. Other than that not much is going on. Except for lebron.

just another psycho, irrational, delusional Ohio St fan

It's articles like this why I want LeBron to make his next Decision today & just get it over with...

2 NBA insiders are hearing that LeBron James is set to return to the Cavs and shock the world

Gametime's picture

There's some buzz now that Melo is still considering playing with LeBron.

The Knicks are currently in a similar situation as the Timberwolves with Melo being able to walk at anytime they get nothing in general. The Knicks are apparently interested in Waiters given his production at guard that they would desperately need. Since Phil is rebuilding, the Cavs packaging Waiters & Bennett along with perhaps 1 or 2 of their 1st rounders would allow the Knicks to get younger talent, build with Phil's plan for the future, and also create enough cash for Melo (because they would get Melo's Bird Rights, so they could offer him a MAX deal I believe) if he's up to joining LeBron in Cle.

This way you don't give up Wiggins, have a lineup of Kyrie, Wiggins, LeBron, Melo, & Thompson/Andy V with that $10mil exception trade they could make next year and bring in another stud player if they needed to via free agency or sign & trade.

I gotta say, I'd be impressed by the Cavs front office if they can pull this off.

...I too dream in color and in rhyme
So I guess I'm one of a kind in a full house
Cause whenever I open my heart, my soul or my mouth
A touch of God rains out...

+2 HS
chitown buckeye's picture

Not sure Carmelo and James would mesh well together. I always got the impression of Melo he is nothing but scorer and pad his own stats. IMO not what James needs around him.

"I'm having a heart attack!"

+1 HS

I agree with you. Melo is all about himself, he wouldn't be a good teammate for LeBron & this talk about Melo teaming up with Kobe in L.A. is insane. The Lakers already have one totally self absorbed player, not sure there's room in the Staples Center for another one.

+2 HS
chitown buckeye's picture

Exactly right! God knows I wouldn't want to be a role player on the Lakers with Kobe and Melo. You'd see the ball for two seconds off a rebound and that's about it.

"I'm having a heart attack!"

It would be a nightmare for sure.

Gametime's picture

A lot of people have a negative perception of Melo because his teams haven't advanced far. He's largely considered to be one of the best, if not thee best scorer in the game & despite the negative perception about him being a ball-hog or a "me" player, he actually ranked #7 in player efficiency, had career highs in his assist rate, & averaged 8.6 rebounds per game putting him ahead of bigs like Boozer, Millsap, & Hibbert & just behind Chandler & Pekovic.

He's more comfortable playing the 4, & can defend better than people think with a career DEF rating of 107 (while elite defenders post along the 95-97 range). His game is inside out, he can post up and score on ANYONE one on one, he draws double teams, he can carry the team's scoring load if necessary, and he can knock down spot up threes. 

I'd say he'd be a perfect running mate for Lebron, while allowing Irving to focus on running the offense picking his spots, and Wiggins to slip into a "Scottie Pippen" type of wing where he focuses on being an elite athletic wing defender while running the floor.

osu07asu10's picture

This way you don't give up Wiggins, have a lineup of Kyrie, Wiggins, LeBron, Melo, & Thompson/Andy V with that $10mil exception trade they could make next year and bring in another stud player if they needed to via free agency or sign & trade

As far as the potential line up goes, that would LBJ at PF and I highly doubt that is where he wants to be on the floor, banging with the big fellas on the block. 

If Melo were to come to Cleveland, I would imagine that the Cavs may try and move Wiggins for some front court help and use Waiters/Bennett off the bench.

-2 HS
Gametime's picture

Nah, Melo likes playing the 4. He's more comfortable in that role, plus he would be the ultimate "stretch 4" being a knock down shooter, an excellent offensive post player, & an underrated rebounder at 8.6 rpg.

The best thing for the Cavs would be to improve without moving Wiggins IMO. If they don't get Carmelo, I would expect them to wait until the trade deadline, and force the T'Wolves into dealing K-Love for something more in their favor (Waiters-Bennett-Draft Picks) rather than giving up Wiggins who has the potential to be special, especially under LeBron's tutelage. 

The Onion is hilarious.

Larryp713's picture

I hope LeBron signs with Cleveland, but if he does return to Miami, I hope most of us can see the difference between 2014 and 2010. In 2010, he put out all kinds of signals that he was leaning Cleveland, and the team (big mistake) acted on that assumption. When he left, the Cavs were left holding bag of nothing.

This year, he has given no signals (other than the choice is between Cleveland and Miami and he wants a max contract). All the hype has been generated by fans and media. Either place he goes, I appreciate that he handled this professionally. Good luck to him. 

Respectfully,

Larryp713

+1 HS
BuckGnome's picture

Agree totally.  Yeah it sucked in 2010 when he left, but the way he did made it 10X worse.  He gave so many hints he was staying, and then went on the Lebron James Grand Narcissism Tour that ended with 'The Decision' and a WWE like pep rally in Miami.

As bad as that was, it's really been the biggest blemish on an otherwise impeccable career.  Given the scope of the things high profile things pro athletes often get themselves caught up in, its not so bad in that light.  It's a forgivable mistake.  For Lebron, the choice to go to the Heat in was not a bad one.  The Cavs front office had let him down and couldn't get him help.  4 NBA Finals appearances, 2 NBA championships, and a pile of MVP trophies in his 4 seasons in Miami.  Can't argue with that.

Whether its Miami, Cleveland, or some other team, I do appreciate the way he's handling himself this time around.

+2 HS
BuckeyeChief's picture

THis is straight insanity...I am overseas right now, and cannot/will not stay up tonight to watch.

I have limited bandwith...can I get a Susan Powter "stop the insanity" gif please???

"Damn I miss El Guapo"

+2 HS
GoBucks713's picture
+4 HS
BuckeyeChief's picture

Thank you!

"Damn I miss El Guapo"

YTOWNBUCKI's picture

My sources tell me that LeBron is 85% likely to join the Cavs.  If he doesn't, there's a 63% chance he signs with the Heat and a 87% chance he still considers joining the Brazilian National Team, you know, since he's going there this weekend.  

Chris Broussard is also reporting that someone is going to report that there's a report that LeBron is going to make a decision at some point...reportedly.

+5 HS

Could you please post a more detailed report of Brouddard's report?

Kindell's picture

I think I am at a place now where I would like to see it, but I am not going to be upset if he doesn't come.  I honestly think that the Cavaliers actually have more to offer than the Heat do.  I want them to keep Andrew Wiggins and forget about this Love deal though.  Kevin Love has a history of injuries, and I think Andrew Wiggins will be a great fit with LBJ.  He could allow LBJ not to guard the other teams best scorer, and he would be a tremendous fast break threat with LeBron.  

I think Bennett could end up being an important piece if he returns as well.  I have seen the videos of Bennett this summer and he has lost a ton of weight and looks great.  He could be poised to take Thompson's spot and give them a stretch four that can shoot and he would be a great fit for LBJ and Blatt's offense.

I actually saw Tristan Thompson play in HS when he was at Findlay Prep in Henderson, NV.

Run_Fido_Run's picture

I need LeBron to hurry up and decide where he is going before I head out for lunch. If LeBron goes back to Cleveland, I win $50 ($10 at 5/1) from a colleague, who just asked me what I'm doing for lunch. If LeBron picks Cleveland in the next five minutes, I'll use the $50 and we'll go to a nice Italian restaurant. If not, we'll hit a fast food chain or cheap mom & pop.

LeBron owes it to me,  Chris Bosh, the Rockets, the Mavericks, etc., to decide immediately!

+1 HS
buckeyedude's picture

I thought this was going to be one of those "psych!" posts. Evidently the OP is serious.

DaveStephens's picture

I'm more excited that Lebron could bring Kevin Love.  Underrated.

The Dude abides.

KingsRite's picture

Now hearing Lebron may announce later today. Heard it on 92.3 CLE and 97.1 Columbus.

+1 HS

I hope so. Tired of all the endless speculation.

jamesrbrown322's picture

Straw poll -

Which would you rather see - Baker to the Buckeyes or LeBron to the Cavs?

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

BassDropper's picture

Ummm, so you're basically saying, who would you rather have : A 10x All Star, 4x MVP, 2x Champion, widely considered the best in his profession....or a high school kid with potential.

DIRECTIONER

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Yes, yes I am.

It's the offseason.

+2 HS

Baker and it's not close.

+1 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

The Fan discussing security this svening around Lebrons house.

+1 HS
Mr. Bungle's picture

97.1 just reported from a "source" that Bath police have been notified to increase security for (positive) announcement, coming soon.  Certainly looks bullish for Cleveburg at this point.

AndyVance's picture

The "source" in this case was a reporter with the Akron Beacon-Journal who spoke with Bath Township police; according to the reporter, the police have heard from "LeBron's people," and that they have suggested the PD have a presence because of some "overwhelmingly positive news" coming later today.

Apparently LeBron lives in an affluent neighborhood that isn't really gated off from the rest of the world, so the LBJ camp want to make sure that a celebratory block party doesn't ruin his neighbors' evenings.

+1 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

^^^  Now here's a source I trust...

+1 HS

The Bath PD did the same thing 4 years ago. And we all know how that turned out for the Cavs & their fans.

KingsRite's picture

Security has been requested at his house in Akron. Perception from police is it will be to announce a Return Home.

+1 HS

LeBron has a house in Akron?

-1 HS
OSU069's picture

Where have you been? 

Ya, he has a house in Akron and lives there during the summer.

I left Akron more than 8 years ago. Although isn't his home in Bath & not Akron?

-1 HS
BuckeyeRick's picture

This is Lebron's house in Bath Township, just outside of Akron.

+3 HS
Scarlet_Buckeye's picture

If that little blue thing is his pool, then jesus how big is his HOUSE?!?  THat think looks like a little kiddy pool!

+1 HS
jedkat's picture

That's the hot tub. His pool is the gray rectangle. It just has a cover on it.

“The teams that don’t respect their coaches and don’t trust their coaches are the teams that go .500"
~Zach Boren

KingsRite's picture

http://www.bathtownship.org says it's Akron. Lebron will announce from Summit County, OH. :)

He should just hold his Decision Part II at SVSM!

+1 HS
elitesmithie's picture

According to Dustin Fox, the Bath PD were asked to buff up security for a positive announcement. Apparently this is straight from the chief. I don't know anything for sure, but I do trust a police officer more than Sheridan. Its not in the chiefs best interest to piss off the people in his community. 

Gray Box's picture

Will Larry Scott be committing to the Buckeyes tonight?!!?

+3 HS
osu07asu10's picture

11w site will be wobbly with the LBJ news as it is. If Scott commits....its 11w armageddon 2.0

+2 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

Jason is pacing nervously...

+4 HS
osu07asu10's picture
(Sorry Priestas,...that GIF probably didn't help things...)

+4 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Gray Box's picture
+2 HS
Gray Box's picture
+1 HS
BassDropper's picture

starting to think a troll called the bath police....hmmm

DIRECTIONER

+1 HS
jedkat's picture

decided to go with the Alt Uni since that's all the rage with the kids these days.

“The teams that don’t respect their coaches and don’t trust their coaches are the teams that go .500"
~Zach Boren

Norwalk's picture

His web site is currently down....update coming?

edit: It's back up and nothing changed ...

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

I noticed that too

jamesrbrown322's picture

Probably just from traffic - back up now.

OSU069's picture

I'm getting worried. Why would he need security if he was staying? I guess to be extra cautious but still.....

+1 HS

Rumors is his people are calling it #unfinishedbusiness

I have three things ready for this evening. A witness shirt, a LBJ jersey and a torch. I didnt fry them last time, but will be parting ways with them this evening if he rips my heart out again.

-1 HS
SteelBuckeye's picture

I think that was funny but I can't give you a +1 because I am still learning to crawl here. 

KingsRite's picture

Lebron has been in Vegas all day. First it was reported he wouldn't fly to Akron but was already in flight to Brazil. It will be interesting to see if he announces tonight and how/where from.

jamesrbrown322's picture

Well, if James comes back and Scott commits to the good guys, it could make up for losing Baker tomorrow.

buckeyeguy0615's picture

I feel like this was actually serious and not sarcasm. 

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Little bit of both, b/c I think they'll only go 1 for 3...

jamesrbrown322's picture

Scott.

buckeyeguy0615's picture

You're right. I don't think Ohio State gets LeBron either, but I do think Cleveland does.

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Lol, well played. 

buckz4evr's picture

According to an article in the Cleveland Plain Dealer, a source close to LeBron James' agent Rich Paul has told Newsradio WTAM 1100 that his decision will be announced by 11:00 pm tonight.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2014/07/nba_free_agency_day_10_f...

buckeyeinthechi's picture

Seems pretty late....possibly flying back into Ohio for the announcement?

There are three different types of people in the world.....those who can count, and those who cannot.

That seems late. Maybe he is announcing under the cover of darkness to sneak his family out of Cleveland. 

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

May be right, depending on how much stock you put in betting odds... It could be a VERY scary scene outside his house when he announces he's not coming back.

JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

*known by 7pm eastern* Well, here we are, almost 27 hours later and no decision.

Buckeye fan from PA

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Right? And I took it on the chin for questioning ole' Sebass

jamesrbrown322's picture

The longer he waits, the less it feels like the Cavs are the choice. IMO, he's waiting for crowds near his house to disperse, and will announce he's returning to Heat once his compound is not surrounded.

But I don't know that I've ever wanted to be more wrong. Then again, perhaps he's joining the Flint Tropics...

KingsRite's picture

I've wondered the same thing. Maybe he was going to announce tonight but heard about the morons outside his house and didn't want to ensue a riot. I question whether the story about cops was fully accurate as well and didn't happen after people were already on his street.

He hasn't done much to amp up this hype. It's the sports media. At the same time, bro could just make it easy and eliminate some of the speculation. 

jamesrbrown322's picture

I do respect the professional and respectful way he has conducted this decision as opposed to 2010. He clearly learned from the debacle.

I agree, much more respectful. If he doesn't chose the Cavs it is 85% media and 15% LBJ. He could have squelched the uncontrollable rumor mill, but it is not like he was directly fueling the fire. 

Fly Patterns's picture

Exactly. It is a big decision and he should take the time he needs but unless he is REALLY torn and/or may got back to Cleveland it seems like it would have been easy for him to have someone in his circle leak something to dampen hope of cavs fans. I mean there must be dozens if not hundreds of "sources" out there so it would be easy to leak. I know it is mainly the media blowing this up but there's got to be something in between The Decision and complete silence as a middle ground.

A caller to ESPN radio today asked this question and the back-ups filling in for Sodano and Stink blasted him for it. "Could LeBron be delaying his decision for Nike to ramp up a marketing campaign"? I thought that was a good question and a strong possibility. Then the caller stretched it a bit and brought up Johnny Football tie ins. A stretch but still that would be genius for Nike in a way. Think about it. It's hard to believe we haven't been slammed with Manziel promos and merchandise. 

The hashtag #unfinishedbusiness was reported by Sheridan Hoops and shows up on dozens of google searches. Problem is, Miami also just left a title on the table so it could be interpreted other ways.