College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

Chris Clark one-ups Malzone

Urban Nation Army's picture
June 22, 2014 at 3:54pm
103 Comments

Talk is cheap. Just ask Devin Gardner, Kalis, et al.

BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

Chris Clark = next Mike Hart with that tweet

+23 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

BUT WAIT WAIT WAIT - HE CAME BACK FOR HIS SENIOR SEASON TO WIN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP RIGHT?

+8 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I betcha he thinks about that game every day in one way, shape or form.

+5 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

Pretty sure that when Corey Lynch played for the Bengals, he still got cheers for blocking that kick.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

Groveport Heisman's picture

He  surely did because I attended a couple games in Paul Brown when he played. I cant be certain it was him but I think he might have also helped save a older couples lives who had crashed on the freeway and I think their vehicle caught fire and they  were trapped and he got them out safely. Kid was a good player.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

hit_the_couch's picture

cant be certain it was him but I think he might have also helped save a older couples lives who had crashed on the freeway and I think their vehicle caught fire and they  were trapped and he got them out safely. 

Yeah it was him. He's allegedly a good christian guy (not to get into a religious talk, i'm agnostic so wouldn't know and just going off what I see/ hear), which I think I believe. Plus, he married Billy Graham's (well known clergyman of some type) granddaughter. 

On hardknocks they were raving about him; I thought they'd keep him more than a year or two though. I hope he gets picked up this season by some team. Anyway, here's a little bit about that him helping that family. It's mentioned a couple paragraphs down.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/tampa-bay-buccaneers-safety...

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Wow man thanks. I remember it was a powerful story at the time it happened and that brought back a lot of good memories. There still is hope for this World yet.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

Hmm interesting...

+1 HS
Patriot4098's picture

I no longer want to flip this guy.

"Evil shenanigans!"     - Mac

+19 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

Chris Clark, and anyone associated with Michigan------can blow me.

+6 HS
Northbrook's picture

They recruiting talkers.

+5 HS
Northbrook's picture

That isn't quite accurate. We are recruiting some of the same kids but they seem to get the big mouths. We'll see how it plays out. I'm confident.

BassDropper's picture

Oh come on, let's not pretend our recruits don't talk trash about Michigan...just ask Meechy77

DIRECTIONER

-4 HS
CC's picture

It's one thing to talk trash when your record is 10-2 (or whatever it is) vs. 2-10.

+1 HS
BoFuquel's picture

Pure TSUN. GO BUCKS!

I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

+5 HS
otrain2416's picture

This isn't the first SCUM player, that has tried to talk smack and it won't be the last. Talk is cheap I like to let results do the talking

+9 HS
KingsRite's picture

He can stay in SCUM. Don't need him here.

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+7 HS
s.pasadena fl's picture

He will not sign with Michigan?  I still think Penn State will get him?

Ed Hopper

-1 HS
Poison nuts's picture

Sure?

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

+5 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

He'll play Tight End? He'll go 0-4 vs. OSU?

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+3 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Doing a lot of talking lately.  Starting to become a heel...

"I'm ready to win some championships and get Michigan back to the top," he said. "Especially starting to beat Ohio State, that's going to be big. I want to make sure that in my four years I don't lose to Ohio State once."

+8 HS
ChazBuckeye's picture

I laughed uncontrollably after reading this quote. He'll fit right in up there with their newly found delusional thought process that they're still relevant. We'll see how Chris feels at seasons end about his "commitment" to ttun. Especially when their coach gets the axe after this season as well. Some _ichigan's man he is. He sure ain't no Bo...

Some people think we’re the hunted.I don’t feel that way at all.We’re the hunter.Everybody wants an angry football team.Everybody wants a team on edge and a hungry team.If you’re a hunter,that usually equates to being hungry.

+8 HS
OSU069's picture

Lol!! He's not even going to be on the field next year since they have Funchess and he is still talking shit. He will fit right in up there with the rest of the delusional bunch. I don't even want to try and flip him anymore. 

+4 HS
bleedscarlet's picture

~~I want to make sure that in my four years I don't lose to Ohio State once all four years.....

Good luck with that...

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken

+13 HS
DeepSouthBuckeye's picture

"I'm ready to win some championships and get Michigan back to the top,"

LOL

"Especially starting to beat Ohio State, that's going to be big. I want to make sure that in my four years I don't lose to Ohio State once."

Double LOL.

Loving all things Buckeye from SEC country in Alabama.
"How firm thy friendship....O-HI-O"

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Bravado in June turns to bitterness in November.

See you then, kids.

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+19 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

When will those morons in Ann Arbor just shut the hell up? They will be looking for a new HC after this season IMO, and unless they get Harbaugh or Miles, Im not sure they replace Hoke with anyone with a 'rock star' type of resume. If I were any current or future player, Id shut my mouth and focus on getting better.

+9 HS
IGotAWoody's picture

If they knew how to shut their mouths and focus on getting better, they wouldn't have ended up as Wolverines. It's wild how they consistently  get the arrogant guys who can talk the talk, but not always walk the walk. If I'm a senior "leader" on that team, I'm grabbing youngsters like this by the ear and having a talk.

- License to kill gophers (wolverines, badgers, etc) by the government of the United Nations

+2 HS
buckeyedude's picture

I really hope that TTUN wastes a lot of time and energy on Harbaugh(s), because seriously, neither of them are going to go to Ann Arbor after being successful in the NFL.

I suppose Miles would be a possibility, but I doubt it.

+1 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

Man I can't wait to see us pound TTUN for years and years to come.

+5 HS
Danify's picture

What can I say ... he is the perfect "_ichigan" Man. Talks out his butt before playing an single snap of college football.

+7 HS
MikeNugents BigToe's picture

"Remember that 55 yarder against Marshall?" -Not Mike Nugent

+20 HS
BuckeyeinToledo's picture

I had a roommate in college named Chris Clark.... He was a bit of a d-bag as well... Welp, see you next November kid!

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."

-Woody Hayes

+4 HS
Buck Commander's picture

Head on a swivel goin across the middle with our line backing crew.......head on a swivel! And you will not remember anything driving back to To SCUM!

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+3 HS
740buckeye's picture

"*ichigan men talk a lot of shit from safe places." I think this fits better than the original UGK song. Haha. We'll check back in a few years and ask for an evaluation on your happiness on that long bus ride home.

+2 HS
KINGBUCKEYE419's picture

That just got me more pumped for the season I love it! Mike Hart needs to talk with these kids.

+3 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

Still very young, still very immature.

+1 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture

Fakest Michigan Man ever. Dude is looking like a clown. Just shut up with your fake hatred for Ohio State. Pathetic.

edit: sorry for my harsh comment, it's just that Clark was pro-Ohio State practically yesterday and i just find it funny

+6 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

There will come a day where he will regret his decision if he keeps his commitment to ttun.

+3 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

A little harsh Silver Bullet. Would a clown come up with such an original tweet? Wait, what? He copied Malzone's tweet. Okay, pathetic.

+3 HS
Poison nuts's picture

I think your spot on. It is fake hatred - no two ways about it.

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

+1 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

Now that he has committed to UM, he must feel like he has to talk the walk to fit in, especially since he flirted with their two biggest rivals.

+3 HS
bleedscarlet's picture

Must be Blue Jackets fans....

+1 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

A picture is worth a thousand words....

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+15 HS
M Man's picture

Talk is cheap. 

Talk may be cheap, but Twitter is even cheaper, right?

I'd rank in descending order of cheapness:

1. Twitter
  2. Talk
  3. Cardboard belt
  4. Flipping off 113,511  people in the Big House
-3 HS
bleedscarlet's picture

bah.... 40k.. tops

+20 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Re: #4, talk ain't cheap when you can back it up. 

+9 HS
SonOfBuckeye's picture

Flipping off 113,511  people in the Big House

Don't exaggerate.  He wasn't flipping off everyone, just the ones who deserved it.

+12 HS
Brutus' Left Nut's picture

Making a gesture to someone in person is not cheaper than doing it over the internet.  Making a gesture to someone in their house is not cheap.  It takes a lot of balls to flip of 100,000 people in their own stadium.  

+6 HS
Poison nuts's picture

You've gotten much chippier with time M Man. I won't go too far into my thoughts on Marcus Hall's actions except to say it was totally awesome & completely warranted.

+6 HS
buckeyedude's picture

You've gotten much chippier with time M Man.

Going 1-9 over the last ten years vs. your rival will do that.

+4 HS
jaxbuckeye's picture

Really?  So you have a problem with Marcus flipping off the stadium but you don't think all the shots that your team took, in a GANG mind you, against Dontre were?  Their actions were some of the cheapest shots I've seen in football.  Real tough for about 5 players to beat up on someone the size of Dontre.  Pathetic, actually.

+8 HS
D-Day0043's picture

Lol! I know right. Five of them surrounded the littlest guy on the field.

I am D-Day0043 and I approve this message.

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Flipping off 113,511  people in the Big House

I'm pretty sure he was only flipping off 63,000. The other 50,000 were Ohio State fans.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+14 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

WOW - Period end of story

D-Day0043's picture

Bada bing! Lol! It's so true!

scottyp_330's picture

After Ohio State keeps doing what they've been doing to TTUN for another 15 years, you guys might be in the Mid-American Conference.

I_Run_The_Dave's picture

I'm thinking a lot of people don't understand what "descending" means.  That means the most is at the top, therefore Twitter is the most cheap and Marcus Hall is the least cheap.  So basically everyone who replied to M Man here agrees with him.

+3 HS
Poison nuts's picture

I knew what it meant I Run - but least cheap, is still cheap.

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

You what's cheaper than Twitter? Eight guys surrounding one and jumping him during a football game, ripping of his helmet, and shoving teammates who came to defend him.

And then still losing the game, despite the cheap shots.

That UM only had one player tossed is a joke. ALL EIGHT of those players should have been tossed. If you were surrounded by eight guys, one of whom just ripped off your helmet, who are shoving you, wouldn't you throw a punch too?

+4 HS
D-Day0043's picture

Dontre is going to light their ass up in the shoe this year. Take it to the bank.

+3 HS
BeijingBucks's picture

My man...  always good for two... er thumbs up!

None can love freedom heartily, but good men; the rest love not freedom, but license. ~ John Milton

Earle's picture

@Cajun, I would say that picture is worth two thousand.

Italics are for emphasis.

+1 HS
bigDbuck's picture

Blood will be spilled. Mike hart, two new coaches. Blah, blah. Guess what meatchicken? You still suck!! Performance on field does all the talking. 

+5 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Ok, let's make this official. And I'm not an asshole that will tweet a recruit. 

Fuck Chris Clark!

+2 HS
zacisone's picture

I know a little about Mark Dantonio and guarantee he has penciled "Clark" in his notebook.

Zacisone

+1 HS
Jabba1977's picture

So he can talk the talk,we will see if he can walk the walk!!

SECHATER77

Eph97's picture

Future 0-4 club member. Do Henne & Hart personally come over to take the measurements for the smoking jacket all club members wear?

+6 HS
SonOfBuckeye's picture

Clark's a worthy contender for this year's Hart-Kalis award, but I predict someone more comically belligerent will come along before the recruiting cycle is done.

+5 HS
KingsRite's picture

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Hooligans --- nothing but hooligans 

otrain2416's picture

I love the hatred, but I wish no one would have been ejected from either team. 

jaxbuckeye's picture

Just when I thought I couldn't dislike the kid anymore than I already do!  Can't wait until Justin Hilliard and the rest of the gang punk him in his own crib and ours.  Wonder what his excuse is going to be.  Amazes me how a team of losers, as in haven't beaten tOSU much in this century, continue to talk shit.  Nothing worse.  Hasn't played a freaking down of football and joins a team that's once again won't shut up.

+6 HS
saltybuck61's picture

I can't hate him. He is just a high school kid.

In fact, I almost feel bad for him. He is going to Michigan to play football. I wouldn't wish that fate on anyone, and he chose to do it? I don't think it will take very long for him to see the error in his ways.

+2 HS
buckeyes763's picture

Tight end isn't typically a position that allows you to not allow your team to lose.

But seriously gotta give Hoke some credit for brainwashing these recruits of the last 13 years and installing massive delusion.

+1 HS
BrewstersMillions's picture

They aren't taking over anything. They are clawing for third place at best in the Big Ten behind their two biggest rivals who are worlds ahead of them right now. Both have stability, coaching staffs under no added pressure to succeed (more than the usual), and the players in place that suit the system's ability to sustain long term success. Michigan has this guy...

And these two dorks.

4-6 seconds from point A to point B and when you get to point B, be pissed off

+9 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

And the coaches positive comment after D.G.'s throw was - "At least you had a completion."

+1 HS
BierStube's picture

Apparently Chris did not read the pre-recruitment literature.

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+22 HS
mh277907's picture

Solid pic right there.

buckeyebobcat

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

That is AWESOME!

+3 HS
LouGroza's picture

According to Kurelic, Chris Clark personally called him the night before he left, Tuesday, saying he would be committing to OSU and he would possibly not even go visit the two teams up north. He then proceeded with the visits saying because they were already planned, ultimately committing to ttun. He then called Kurelic after the commitment  to be sure Kurelic didn't think he was a liar, saying the tun visit changed things and that was were he "fit". I do not make a habit of saying negative things about these recruits but this dude has issues. Either that or Hoke sent him on an elaborate troll mission which is impossible considering the two that would be making that particular plan.

+1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

I do not make a habit of saying negative things about these recruits but this dude has issues.

Or, you know, he's an impressionable 17-year-old kid.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+2 HS
m5987usus's picture

He does love attention, don't get me wrong, but he dm'ed me the night he was at Ohio State and without him even telling me, I knew he was Michigan bound.  Just loves Michigan more.

O-H!

+3 HS
BlueBayou's picture

Is this behind a paywall?  If not, it would be great to see a link.  I don't know how much I believe Bill's story.  Could Chris Clark have said something like "I could see myself picking OSU after this visit"?   I could see that, but Michigan was always seen as having a tenuous lead heading into these visits with the Buckeyes playing catch up.  From 11W's Jeremy on June 8th about 11 days before Clark's commitment to Michigan.

As for Chris, the nation's most-offered tight end, the Wolverines of Michigan continue to be the team to beat,

and

I still believe Michigan has the edge for Clark

When it comes to recruiting, and especially with shared tOSU and Michigan targets, I tend to find the 11W guys to be really plugged in and since all of them continued to crystal ball Clark to Michigan as his visits progressed, I felt pretty confident that things hadn't swung.  In fact, I feel Jordan's crystal ball selection of Michigan a day after his tOSU visit tends to poke a hole in Bill's story.

LouGroza's picture

Gotta love the guys from ttun that are always around to try to find fault in and correct our statements. No biggie though, love to indulge the non believers. It was from Bills regular WIAH from 16 hours ago and it is paywalled. I will most certainly link it so you can verify that I have been truthful.  And I trust Bill as much as anyone in the business. If anything he is trustworthy with what he is told to a fault. I am sure he gets played at times. Everyone can be pulled apart by something that has happened over a twenty five year plus career if one wants to do so bad enough. Except ttun guys of course.

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Article/What-Is-Bill-Kurelic-Hearing-From...

+1 HS
BlueBayou's picture

Hey, I'm not trying to pick holes in your statement, I'm just saying that I don't trust Bill Kurelic's info as much as the 11W guys.  I think the 11W guys get things right more than he does.  If Birm and the other 11W guys don't call it, then it doesn't move the needle for me.  I just don't think the 11W staff would have missed Chris Clark deciding he was going to pick tOSU the night after his visit.  I just don't.  (Especially so badly that Jordan crystal balled him to Michigan after it).  That has nothing to do with what you said, and more my trust in them to be on top of the story and not needing to drum up some juicy info to convince you to pay for a subscription.

-2 HS
LouGroza's picture

He only called Kurelic personally, no one else. 11w guys would have zero knowledge of the situation. Do not know if you read the link but he and Clark talked often and he trusted Bill apparently.  He then called him after the commitment to explain it to Bill and to apologize for leading him astray. You have your own reasons to accuse him of being a liar but I would believe Bill over many as I think he is a very good man that has spent many years in this business. I posted it because it was an extra note Bill gave on the Clark recruitment that served no purpose for page views, only to shed some light. You can believe whoever you want to.

sivaDavis's picture

... but MMan thinks Hall's double salute was cheap. 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
Furious George 27's picture

So is there proper etiquette for trash talking as a recruit? I think that with TSUN's short commings, your first order of business would be to not lose 5 games a year before you start claiming championships.

Yeah, well…that’s just like, your opinion, man.

+4 HS
MAVBuck's picture

Oh Christopher, so young and naive.

+2 HS
TheShookster's picture

Hope you like Buffalo Wild Wings, Chris.

+3 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Not sure if serious.  He's touting the academics at Michigan but hasn't grasped the difference between then and than.

+7 HS
BassDropper's picture

Bucknuts had a thread of Chris Clark hitting up recruits..the way he is approaching it reeks of desperation. Bet he flips when all of his friends end up Buckeyes.

DIRECTIONER

+1 HS
bleedscarlet's picture

~~

Chris Clark @Clark8Chris     ·   21h   

The announcers ginxed it god dammit

 Reply  Replied to 0 times  
 Retweet  Retweeted 0 times  
 Favorite  Favorited 17 times 17 

Damn announcers, ginxing it like that...

The Rill Dill's picture

--------that would be, better THAN.

hit_the_couch's picture

Do the kids not use punctuation on twitter, or does it count against the 'get everything you can in 140 characters' rule?

js2378's picture

Doesn't matter; "then" and "than" has the same number of characters. =P

BassDropper's picture

Everytime I see the name Alex Malzone I think of this guy

http://www.pics4world.com/vb/imgcache/2/4938showing.jpg

Sidenote: If they ever make a movie of Urban's life that's the guy Im picking to play the role.

DIRECTIONER

TheBadOwl's picture

The pic isn't showing up on my computer -- broken link, probably -- but still accurate. I don't expect him to ever actually "show up" against Ohio State.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+1 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

I think twitter is dumbing down 'Murica. 'Murica can't afford much more dumbing down. 

Maybe it's just me, but I had to read that 'tweet' twice to understand it.

TheBadOwl's picture

Twitter isn't making anybody dumber, it's just giving more dumb people an opportunity to have their dumb thoughts shown to the world, and hopefully ridiculed.