College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

Gray Box's picture

Click here: to go to Auburn's website and see what they are claiming now. The 1993 season Auburn was ineligible for postseason play.  I guess in a few years Ohio State can claim a National Championship for the 2012 season.

Another free article: Auburn Just Gave Itself Another Three More National Championships.

+1 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

Ohio State: 2012-2013 National Champions

LEBRON

+4 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture

NOW I WANT A 2012 NATIONAL CHAMPS T-SHIRT!

+2 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

This is a very Un-American act by Jay Jacobs.

LEBRON

+2 HS
Hovenaut's picture

They've obviously worked hard and urned them.

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+7 HS
Soggy_McMuffin's picture

Lmao!

Gooz-fra-bah...

Whoa Nellie's picture

What we really need is a T-shirt that says:

AUBURN: Home of Self-Proclaimed Champions

or

AUBURN: If we can't do it on the field, we'll take care of it in the books

or

AUBURN FOOTBALL: We major in Revisionist History

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

+2 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Even though I came in 5th in the 1990 Stadium Drive Elementary Spelling Bee as a 2nd grader, I'm retroactively laying claim to the championship. My word was tough and I only missed one word. Therefore I win.

+5 HS
buckeyeEddie27's picture

Wur eegal fer revor.

I know there's a game Saturday, and my ass will be there.

+2 HS
RunningFree's picture

As long as they don't try to claim the 1865 National Championship...

+3 HS
Whoa Nellie's picture

New Auburn cheer:  "We (were) No. 1"

This whole thing is so stupid.  But, it does raise a few issues:

Do all the players from those teams get big, gaudy rings?  Do the coaches get to change their resumes to claim those championships?

Does Auburn have to sue the other schools to get their trophies, or do they just go to a local trophy shop and have some made?

When they paint those championships on the stadium, who will be the first to deface them?  Fans of opposing teams?  Or members of Auburn teams that really did win championships?

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

Unky Buck's picture

I call dibs on the rings that were for the players on the 1913 squad.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

The delusional pipeline has now been officially turned on!

Knarcisi's picture

What, did they excuse $180K gifts to recruits' fathers rom those years too?

Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Auburn and Texas A&M are battling it out for the inferiority complex runner up trophy behind 'Bama.

hit_the_couch's picture

I remember '93 they were on sanctions and couldn't  play on TV or in a bowl game for cheating. If I remember right, the sanctions were seriously for coaches and boosters paying players.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!