College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

Who's on the Hot Seat?

BuckeyeTrappedInSouth's picture
April 22, 2014 at 2:32pm
41 Comments

It's the offseason, so why not do a little speculation?  Every year around this time there is talk of who is on the hot seat and who is a rising star.  So, my challenge is, which coach from a big name school do you think gets fired either after next season or during it?  However, to make this more challenging, who replaces him?

I have...

Being Fired: Will Muschamp, Florida

Replacing Him: Chad Morris, OC Clemson

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

I don't see Muschamp getting fired. They'll probably finish 8-5.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

CC's picture

I was at the UF - Georgia Southern game and I beg to differ.  They are not happy in Gainesville.  I doubt they get 8 wins after last year.

Wins (I would have put GSU in this category):
Idaho, Eastern Michigan, Eastern Kentucky, Kentucky

On the fence:  Tennessee, Vandy

Losses: Bama, LSU, Mizzou, UGA, South Carolina, FSU

+1 HS

My wife is from Florida, and everyone in her family are huge Gator fans.  That being said, none of them talk about Muschamp with respect.  It almost feels like it did with RichRod at TTUN.  On a side note, it sure is fun to hear them complain about Urban Meyer "retiring" to Ohio State!

In Urban We Trust

+1 HS

On the fence:  Tennessee, Vandy

UT always finds a way to lose to Florida, and Vandy is replacing their head coach.

Losses: Bama, LSU, Mizzou, UGA, South Carolina, FSU

LSU- Replacing their starting QB

Mizzou- Replacing their WR core.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
CC's picture

They lost to Georgia Southern at home.

I rest my case.

+3 HS

While I enjoy mocking UF for that, they didn't have their starting QB, or RB in that game.

buckeyeguy0615's picture

Their players also block each other.  What does that have to do with their QB or RB?

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Here ya go - notice the Georgia Southern DB DOA on the one yard line

+2 HS
Sportpaco's picture

For some reason this classic clip always reminds me of this classic game:

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Muschamp won't get fired because it was all Urban's fault. Urban is actually the one who is going to get fired at Florida.

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+1 HS
CC's picture

GSU was missing 19 players due to injury.

There is simply no excuse.

Muschamp is done.

Furious George 27's picture

I do not believe GSU completed a pass in that game.

Yeah, well…that’s just like, your opinion, man.

flying-banana's picture

There's a guy at a school up north who's in hot water but I can't remember his name. I want to say its Joke, or Choke, or Broke or something like that. He's definitely on the hot seat.

+4 HS
d1145fresh's picture

I said last year that Hoke's seat is starting to get warm (much to the dislike of some of our Michigan posters on here) but I still think he could be in trouble. They could very easily be looking at 3-6 losses this year. OSU, MSU, PSU will all be tough. Notre Dame, Utah, Northwestern and Minnesota could be trouble as well.

Other guys that I think are in trouble: Bert and Muschamp. Maybe Pelini and his cat if they have a bad year. I could also see Holgorsen at WVU start to get warm. They have had some disappointing ends of the season.

+3 HS

now that's funny

In Urban We Trust

BrooklynBuckeye's picture

I really don't understand how it could have happened. There's no autocorrect in graphics programs, because names would be autocorrected all the time. Was it a prank? Fruedian slip? A failure of West Virginia's public schools? Could it have been some type of code? An old fraternity nickname?

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

+2 HS
Hovenaut's picture

I'm thinking E. Gordon Gee has no clue who Dana Horsewomen is.

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
mobboss1984's picture

hahahahahaha!

Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
Bruce Lee

TheTeam16's picture

This is one michigan fan who loves that his seat is hotter than hell, at least I hope...no faith in pizza boy...

+2 HS
EvanstonBuckeye's picture

Hoke's seat is warm and it's only April. One visit to mgoblog and you can taste the derision. This is not a happy fanbase right now.

+1 HS
JakeBuckeye's picture

To be fair, Michigan's fan base hasn't been happy in over a decade.

+9 HS
DannyBeane's picture

Their discontent is like a fine Scotch. It just keeps getting better with age.

+8 HS
TheTeam16's picture

Understatement of the century, at least the competent michigan fans...not the dumb ass lloyd carr loyalists.

OSUEXT's picture

Hoke Fired. Replaced by Bert. 

+13 HS
BHT's picture

I wish I could give you a million upvotes for this. This is exactly what I want to see happen. Bert=dislike, TSUN-infinity multipled hate, join them together...

+2 HS
Jabba the Hoke's picture

I would have hatred that burned with the heat of a thousand suns.

+2 HS
BHT's picture

A thousand? How about INFINITY!

Seattle Linga's picture

How bout if Bert and Hoke just switch teams next year. I think it's only fair to have them both coaching at the same time.

+1 HS
otrain2416's picture

Hot Seat

• TSUN-Hoke
  • Illinois- Beckman
  • Purdue- Hazell
  • WVU- Dana Holgorsen
  • UF- Muschamp
  • Probably NC States and Virginias HC after not winning a conference game last year too. 

luckynutz's picture

I wouldnt say Hazell is on a hot seat. He is basically starting from scratch in rebuilding the program. He came into a pretty bare cupboard up there...and id like to think Purdue highs ups understand it will take him time to get things where he wants them. This isnt a situation like other schools where there has been regression each year he was there. Hes been there one season. And its hard to regress from being a bottom feeder in the conference. Hazell showed what he could do at Kent State...and I believe Purdue will give him time to flip the culture and start the building process.

+1 HS
otrain2416's picture

Hot Seat

• TSUN-Hoke
  • Illinois- Beckman
  • Purdue- Hazell
  • WVU- Dana Holgorsen
  • UF- Muschamp
  • Probably NC States and Virginias HC after not winning a conference game last year too. 

buckibri's picture

Hoke and Beckman in the B1G are in the biggest trouble with Pelini just a stupid act away from an NFL Dc job.

Agree with Muschamp. You can only blame the former coach for his top 5 level recruiting classes for so long. I just dont see 8 wins at Fla this season and that is probably what it takes to save his job. The other SEC coach I see in trouble is our old friend, Bert.

I would think that Morris as mentioned plus Kirby Smart from Bama would get looks.

Paul Chryst at Pitt has failed to capitalize on the PSU disaster so that is one to add to the list.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

This guy better win a few games this year..............

+1 HS
AngryWoody's picture

How crazy would this be?

Hoke has a bad season and gets fired and UM hires Narduzzi to coach the Sun and Blue.

Our Honor Defend!

Bugsyk's picture

I wonder how long TTUN will string along the fan base in hopes to land Harbaugh

JohnnyKozmo's picture

With all of the Harbaugh/Niners drama with trading him to the Browns, then not extending his deal past this year, it's a possibility he leaves San Fran.  Then, the questions is would he go back to college-TTUN would be the only place I could see him going if it's not another NFL team.

I think Edsell at MD is on a short leash as well.  He's made strides, but they Plank wanted Leach.  They need/want a rockstar coach who can bring in the recruits and take advantage of that Under Armour money.  Especially moving to the B1G with more visibility.

mobboss1984's picture

If Harbaugh go to Michigan, I won't lie to you when I say Michigan will be a force to reckon with. Harbaugh can coach his ass off. 

Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
Bruce Lee

+3 HS
CC's picture

He is the only coach I would actually fear at TSUN.

+1 HS
buckguy10's picture

I agree. I am almost rooting for this to happen. It has been so long since they have been decent that I am starting to feel bad for them up there. Then I picture Brady Hoke and his "Ohio" talk, and the hatred ramps back up to 10

Kid Gloves's picture

I bet Bobby Petrino hot seat already in year one