Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Do You Have a Favorite Christmas Decoration?

+11 HS
Major H's picture
December 16, 2023 at 11:25am
65 Comments

We finally have the decorations up, the packages mailed and the Christmas cards sent. Phew! What an ordeal. It is a lot of work, but this is our favorite time of year, so we enjoy the results of our labor.

For those of you that procrastinate, I offer this for you:

If you have a dog, good luck explaining this to them:

But I digress, the topic is favorite Christmas decoration. Truth be told, we have travelled so much over our 50+ years of marriage and collected so many tree ornaments that we put up two full sized trees. One of my favorites is from Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Germany. It is a hand painted ornament depicting one of the city’s most iconic buildings, the Alte Schmiede, aka the Gerlaschmiede.  Destroyed in WWII and rebuilt in 1951,this  triangular building was an active blacksmith shop until 1967. We like the view from the top of the city wall that is nearby. 

My next favorite is an ornament we picked up in Spain after walking a part of the Camino de Santiago. Gratefulbuck, this one’s for you!

There are plenty more of our “favorites” but I’ll wrap this up with a picture of my favorite mini Christmas tree.

Happy Holidays everybody!

Go Buckeyes - beat Missouri!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 65 Comments