Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

2023 Tailgate Fare Week 10

+9 HS
BUCKEYE3M's picture
November 2, 2023 at 2:38pm
16 Comments

Good afternoon, Dubbers!  Sooooooooo, what's new?...

Normally, the period in between games over an Ohio State bye week is the longest two weeks in a college football season. Well, it seems 2023 is just going to be a year for a lot of firsts, because this is the first time TTUN TCUN's bye week provided the longest two weeks of the season.

Just to recap, it goes like this:
2018: TTUN cheated, but not good enough.
2019: TTUN cheated, but not good enough to beat Mac Jones.
2020: TTUN couldn't cheat without fans in the stands, still had spirited scrimmage.
2021: TTUN cheated. Beat Ohio practice cheating session successful; they forgot about Georgia.
2022: TTUN cheated. Beat Ohio practice cheating session successful, enacted a Beat Georgia practice cheating session; they forgot about TCU.
2023: The walls in Ann Arbor are about to come tumbling down. TCUN is born.

In honor of these rapstalions bastards, I'd like to present this week's recipe. It comes to you untested, but shortcuts are the theme of this post. And, it comes with a recommendation that sounds like something Jimmy himself would say: This is from a box mix, but with a little doctoring it does not taste like it. I mean, with an endorsement like that, who wouldn't trip over themselves trying to make it?

CHEATING LEMON POUND CAKE (I swear this is a real recipe.)

Ingredients

• 1(8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 3⁄4cup milk
  • 1(18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix
  • 4eggs

Directions

1. In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in milk. Add dry cake mix and eggs; beat until combined. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
  2. Pour into a greased and floured, 1- inch fluted tube pan. Bake at 350°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.

Pro Tips

• OKIECOOK68 says: "Very easy to make and tasty. I did what another person said and microwaved half of a store bought lemon frosting and drizzled it on the cake. I will be making this again. Thank you for sharing"

The Greatest Hit

Since all that matters is that TCUN meets their demise, I'm going back to 2019 and that glorious 56-17 ass whipping the Buckeyes laid on the cheaters in that giant toilet bowl up in the whore we know as Ann Arbor.

Deep Fried Turkey Balls (Courtesy of OSURox)

Ingredients:

• Leftover Turkey meat
  • Leftover Mashed potatoes
  • Leftover stuffing
  • Shredded cheese
  • Leftover corn
  • Leftover gravy

Directions:

1. In a large bowl, combine leftover Turkey, corn, Cheese, and potatoes. Bonus if you have any stuffing. Max it all up, then refrigerate for at least an hour.
  2. Take the bowl out of the fridge, and using an ice cream scoop or your bare hands form a ball of the mixture, Dip in flour, Dip in egg wash, and then dip in breadcrumbs to coat. Repeat 1 more time if you desire. Take the coated ball of goodness, and drop into your pot of hot oil. Cook for a couple minutes until golden Brown. Remove, and enjoy by dipping in gravy.

Pro Tip: add some gravy to the bowl when mixing everything up if you have enough. Also, we make turkey flavored dumplings every year, so chop those up and add in to the mix as well if you have them.

Go Bucks!
Fuck Michigan!
Hallelujah! Holy Shit! Where's the Tylenol?

Tailgate Fare Historical Archives

The Official 11W Tailgate Cookbook

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 16 Comments