Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

2023 Tailgate Fare Week 7

+7 HS
BUCKEYE3M's picture
October 12, 2023 at 3:16pm
39 Comments

Welcome to the worst chant in college sports week.
Boiler up! *honk*honk*
Boiler up! *honk*honk*
Boiler up! *honk*honk*

The only acceptable use for that term:

OK, so now that we're all clear on how I feel about that stupid cheer, let's just all hope that Rondale Moore is nowhere in sight on Saturday, and Kenny Guiton is not needed in the waning moments.

Over the years I've shared some good pinwheel recipes with you because Mrs 3M makes them pretty much every week, and she's probably got a whole board dedicated to them on Pintrest.  And, I think this recipe was on there, too.

Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels

Ingredients

• 2 cups finely chopped rotisserie chicken breast (from 1 rotisserie chicken)
  • 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
  • 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
  • 1/3 cup finely chopped scallions (from 3 scallions)
  • 3 tablespoons buffalo-style hot sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot)
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • All-purpose flour, for work surface
  • 1 (17.25-oz.) pkg. frozen puff pastry sheets (2 sheets), thawed
  • Blue cheese dressing and chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish (optional)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
  2. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
  3. Stir together chicken, cream cheese, blue cheese, scallions, hot sauce, and salt in a medium bowl until well combined.
  4. On a lightly floured work surface, roll each thawed puff pastry sheet into a 15- x 12-inch rectangle.
  5. Spread half the cream cheese mixture on each pastry rectangle, leaving a 1/2-inch pastry border on all sides.
  6. Beginning with 1 long side, roll up each rectangle, jelly-roll style, just to opposite long pastry border. Brush long pastry border with water; roll to close, pinching pastry to secure.
  7. Place rolls, seam side down, on a large baking sheet, and chill 10 minutes.
  8. Place chilled rolls on a work surface. Using a serrated knife, cut each into 20 (1/2-inch-thick) slices, and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
  9. Bake in preheated oven until pastry is puffed and light golden brown, 13 to 15 minutes.
  10. Serve hot or at room temperature, drizzled with blue cheese dressing, and sprinkled with parsley, if desired.

Pro Tip - Buttermilk Ranch >>> Blue Cheese

I hope everyone enjoys these tasty treats and Peacock has a record number of subscription cancellations on Sunday.

Go Bucks! Beat...and drink...Boilermakers!

Previous editions of Tailgate Fare

11W Community Tailgate Cookbook

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 39 Comments