Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

2023 Tailgate Fare - Week 4

+12 HS
BUCKEYE3M's picture
September 21, 2023 at 11:30am
17 Comments

Good Morning Dubbers! It's about that time...

As Woody Hayes once famously stated he didn't want to do, it's time to separate who you pray to on Saturday and who you pray to on Sunday.

Jesus - Touchdown or otherwise - won't be able to help the Irish.  Look , I know they're good, but I'd like to remind everyone that their quarterback entered the transfer portal and not the NFL draft.  It's time for the revamped Silver Bullets to put the nation on notice.

As I was thinking about what to feature today, I wanted to make sure it was fitting for the moment.  And, when I looked up today's greatest hit recipe, I knew I found a winner.

Mrs 3M made this last weekend, and it was so much better than I expected.  It is both simple and delicious. And, it parallels the recipe I shared when the Buckeyes faced off against the Irish in the 2016 Fiesta Bowl.

BLT Pasta Salad

INGREDIENTS

• Bowtie pasta
  • Romaine lettuce
  • Cherry tomatoes
  • Cooked bacon
  • Green onions
  • Ranch dressing
  • Barbecue sauce
  • Black pepper

DIRECTIONS

1. Cook the bow tie pasta according to package directions, drain, and add to a large bowl. Then, add the lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, green onions, and toss to combine.
  2. In a separate bowl, add the ranch dressing, barbecue sauce, and pepper and stir to combine. Evenly drizzle over the bacon ranch pasta salad. If necessary, add additional ranch as desired to evenly coat the BLT pasta salad. (This is a flavor-to-taste recipe. Don't measure, just add the ranch to your heart's content.)

Pro Tips

• This is best eaten within a day or two. The lettuce wilts the longer it sits in the ranch dressing.
  • If you want to make this ahead of time, prep the pasta and veggies and storing them separately in the fridge until you’re ready to make the salad. 

The Greatest Hit

Today's flashback recipe comes to us from a convincing win over Notre Dame, which is what we're all hoping to see Saturday night. And, the recipe couldn't be more aligned - BLT Dip. It's only fitting that the grand finale recipe of the first season of TGF makes a return appearance for a huge OOC game against the same opponent.

BLT Dip

INGREDIENTS:

• 1 cup Mayo
  • 1 cup Sour Cream
  • 1 lb Bacon (crumbled)
  • Diced tomatoes

Directions: Stir together and let sit in the fridge for 2 hours - serve w/ toast or crackers. 

Mrs 3M likes to cut pieces of toast into squares to serve it, but if you're venturing out away from a toaster, Ritz crackers work great. 

Go Bucks! Beat the Irish!

Previous editions of Tailgate Fare

11W Community Tailgate Cookbook

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 17 Comments