Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Who Watches the ESPN 30 for 30 Specials?

+4 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture
March 23, 2023 at 2:41pm
48 Comments

I am a HUGE fan of the ESPN 30 for 30 series. To put it in perspective I have no interest in baseball whatsoever, I do like going to a ball park, getting some concessions (have to take out a second mortgage on my house at this point to afford it, but I digress), and sitting in the bleachers and taking in the sights and sounds with my family, but I fall asleep whenever it's on my TV... But I'll be damned if I don't absolutely love watching the baseball 30 for 30 specials on ESPN.

Same with basketball, not a huge basketball fan, but the Winning Time 30 for 30 about Reggie Miller, I feel like I could watch that one daily, along with the Bad Boys, Jordan Rides the Bus, Guru of Go, Without Bias and so on.

We know that they have one about Clarrett and the vest called Youngstown Boys, one of my absolute favorites, and a litany of others on football from the four Buffalo Bills Super Bowl appearances netting 0 championships, to the 1983 NFL draft with John Elway and Dan Marino, I love them all, and have watched them all multiple times. 

Curious how many here on 11w watch them, what are some of your favorites, and can you think of any sports topics not yet touched on that 30 for 30 should do a deep dive on?

I think the 2004 Philadelphia Eagles need to have one done on them (the TO team), They did one on Ric Flair and he was brutally honest about his life and career, if they could get that same output from Hulk Hogan I would say he would be the yang to Flair's yin as far as having one done on him, the Penn State wrestling dynasty would be a good topic that I would watch for sure.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 48 Comments