Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

2022 Tailgate Fare - Week 12 - Wolverine Nachos

+7 HS
BUCKEYE3M's picture
November 25, 2022 at 9:00pm
12 Comments

It's here. It's time. 365 days have passed.  And, here we are, on the eve of The Game.

I'm sure you've all hyped this game up about as much as possible.  I've watched Buckeye classics on BTN, checked out that new Rivalry documentary (it's ok), and stuffed myself with enough turkey and stuffing to sink a small ship.

Now, on to the good stuff.  No need to build this one up with superfluous adjectives, this one needs no introductions.  We'll just get right to it.

I present to you: Wolverine Nachos

Ingredients

• 1 (13-oz.) bag corn chips
  • 4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  • 1 cup sliced pickled jalapeños, drained 
  • 1 1/2 lb prepared barbecued pulled wolverine
  • 1 avocado, halved and pitted
  • 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
  • 1/2 lime, juiced
  • 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
  • Kosher salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • Sour cream, for serving 

Directions

• Preheat oven to 375° and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. 
  • Spread an even layer of chips onto the baking sheet, then top with 1/3 of the cheese, pulled wolverine, and peppers. Top with more chips and another 1/3 of cheese, wolverine, and peppers. Finish with one last layer of chips and the remaining cheese, wolverine, and peppers.
  • Bake until cheese is melty and chips have crisped slightly, 10 minutes.
  • Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mash avocado together with red onion, lime juice, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
  • When nachos are done baking, dollop with guacamole and sour cream. Serve immediately.  

Pro Tips

• If you are allergic to wolverine, you can substitute pork.

Go Bucks!

Previous versions of TGF
11W Tailgate Cookbook

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 12 Comments