Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

I Was Caught off Guard Today.

+28 HS
airbuckeye's picture
November 17, 2022 at 10:38pm
21 Comments

I'm the type of person who never gets caught off and at a lose for words until today. Picked Dee up at rehab to get her out for a few hours. Went to Fairborn to get something I found for her on Market Place. I had talk the women down on the price for like i always do. It's the Massie in me I nave pay the asking price for anything. But while we were there waiting on the women to show up at the place she had it stored. I saw I was way earlier than I should have been. So I went back to Sav-A-Lot we passed to get a ham for Thanksgiving dinner since they said she could come home a few hours. Any's I got the ham and 2 pops for us and put them up on the belt. I then was trying to get to my wallet to get my card to pay for it. By the time I had the women was ringing up the man in front me and she ask him the Ham to. I said no the ham is mine thinking she was charging him by mistake. And he said yes and told me this was on him and I said you don't have to do that. He Said yes he did and thank me for my service and shook my hand. I was set back in shook and had a loose for words. Because that has never happened to me before. I was trying to find the words and all my dumb ass could come up with Thank You and a big hand shake. I never want to be in that spot again it is uncomfable to me. That was a $30 dollar ham he paid for but I know he was being nice and showing respect i just wish I could have come up with something better to say.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 21 Comments