Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

The Sopranos: Skip Lipari. Underrated.

+1 HS
Hoody Wayes's picture
July 14, 2022 at 2:44pm
8 Comments

With Tony Sirico's recent passing, I'm sure many have contemplated a re-watch: The Sopranos has been hailed as Shakespearean - for its plot structure, themes, dialogue and characters. The Pussy Bonpensiero and FBI agent Skip Lipari subplot is among the show's most intriguing and hilarious. Played by Louis Lombardi, Skip is one of the most memorable in The Sopranos rogues gallery:

From the video's comment thread:

dan the man
2 years ago
They also had the worst FBI investigation team too. Over a decade of investigation, bugs, wire taps, witness statements, high level informers, surveillance and enough murder victims connected to Tony to fill a grave yard but somehow the FBI couldn't gather enough evidence to bring Tony to trial even once.

Joshua Soprano

2 years ago
Did anyone ever catch on to Skip's reaction when he asked who the car operation went to at 1:07? Puss says Junior gave the car operation over to Ray Curto, which as we all know, Ray was an informant and the car operation was actually taken over by Tony. Skip gave Puss a look knowing that he was lying, but Skip couldn't say anything to Puss about him lying because he had to protect Ray form being found out. I never caught that little moment to just now watching the replay.

cboweniii

2 years ago
I’ve re-watched the Sopranos several times and catch something new every time. 1:55-2:44, Pussy’s background is the graveyard while Skip is in the lush green side. Great foreshadowing.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 8 Comments