Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Shoulder Surgery Life Hacks Post Op?

+7 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture
March 12, 2022 at 8:11am
17 Comments

Hey all. Hope everyone is healthy and safe.

I just had shoulder surgery yesterday, repair a SLAP tear that I sustained 13 years ago after two forceful shoulder dislocations in college football. It definitely got worse over time, took me until this past January  to get an MRI and it gave me answers to my questions I had about my shoulder. I was young and stubborn and put off going past Physical therapy, but I am 34 now and decided it was time to get it repaired before I got to a point where my option would be to live with the pain.

turned out to be a SLAP tear from the 10 o’clock to 4 o’clock position with fraying and the ends hanging in there. Had five anchors put in to stabilize it. My wife works cardiothoracic dept at the hospital and knew the best people so got the A team, especially anasthesia since the did a nerve block and I am still in 0 pain sine procedure (18 hours past procedure).

small exercises start tomorrow. My wife will keep me on a strict regiment but and push me to do all the things: ice, exercise, antibiotics, stay ahead of pain, etc.

not really looking for advice since my wife has it all on lock.  Lol, just looking to see if anyone else had similar procedures, walls or roadblocks you ran into, life hacks to get things done,etc

i am typing on my phone with my right (dominant) hand since it was performed on left shoulder, so happy I still got my dominant arm open.

thanks for any info and hacks that kept life and everyday chores normal.

again, stay safe Buckeye Nation!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 17 Comments