Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Solar Power and Wind Turbines

+10 HS
Il_Padrino's picture
December 30, 2021 at 2:51pm
110 Comments

We live in an area that has no ability to deliver power to our home.  We have been operating via an installed solar power system and two backup generators to augment battery charging and/or to power the house outright. 

I am highly interested in adding a wind turbine to the mix because we get a fair amount of mid-range wind when the weather is poor so it makes sense to utilize a wind turbine for power generation vice relying on one of my generators to charge the batteries.

Our setup is a 23 KW solar panel configuration, three 7.2 KW inverters (21.6 KW total) that process everything, and nine 48 volt lithium batteries rated at 2.4 KW each (21.6 KW total).  Happy to discuss technical details if anyone is interested in how my setup is functioning.

Please share your experiences with wind turbines, good and bad, for home use.  Additionally, please share your own solar power experiences. 

Thanks!!!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 110 Comments