Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Looking to Finish My Basement - Any Recommendations on Companies/contractors?

Chris Lauderback's picture
December 27, 2021 at 2:42pm
20 Comments

Hey friends. I'm finally ready to have my basement finished but really don't know where to start. I know I want a bar area for my fairly extensive bourbon collection and twin turntables along with front-facing display/accessibility for my also fairly extensive vinyl record collection, plus a TV/sitting area. The area is also roughed in for a half bath and we'll want to keep a smaller section unfinished for storage. 

I had Mastroianni Home Solutions swing by to make sure no preventative maintenance-type stuff was needed - they are top-notch btw - but now I'm kinda stuck. 

I don't need the world's most high-end basement ever created but I want something nice and to work with a company/contractor that can help design and is capable of more than the standard throwing up some drywall and calling it a day. 

Any insights, recommendations on companies/contractors, pitfalls to watch for etc.? 

I'd be grateful for your thoughts. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 20 Comments