Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Question for an Attorney—work Related

+2 HS
buckeyeboy31's picture
July 7, 2021 at 9:35am
16 Comments

Good morning all…so I work for a service company out of my home, which is considered my office.  I have a company car that I drive and park at my house.  Since 2008 I’ve been in this position and we’ve always been paid from the time we get into our car until we arrive onsite, do the work, and then our drive time home.  They are now implementing a policy that says our first 45 minutes of drive time from our home and our last 45 minutes will not be included on our time card.  My question is not can they do this bc they can probably do whatever they want, but if I’m driving to a job, and I can’t include the time on my time card but I get an a car crash and am hurt is that covered under workers comp?  Also, our typical work week was M-F 8-5 and off hours as needed.  Anything after 40 was OT and anything on the weekend was automatically time and a half.  Do they have to give us defined work hours?  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 16 Comments