Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

#Hottakes: Reviewed

+3 HS
Killer nuts's picture
April 19, 2020 at 7:50am
28 Comments

In the spirit of the offseason let’s take a moment to share some of the #hottakes that we’ve had in the past and look back with hindsight to see how we did. Did you have some controversial opinions that turned out to be on the money? Gloat below. Were you sure of something that turned out to be absolutely wrong? Take your humble pie

I’ll start:

After Urban’s first loss to Clemson I made a post on here titled something like “Clemson is what Urban is trying for us to be”. My point being that Clemson had an aggressive defense and a spread offense filled with playmakers (Watkins, Hopkins, etc). I got downvoted into oblivion and ethered by the commentariat here with people saying “Ohio State is tradition rich and Clemson is a flash in the pan”. While true people missed my point about the product on the field . Fast forward and Clemson is a now a national champ and a de facto rival running a similar system to our own... I think I had that #hottake pretty accurate

On the flip side, after seeing his high school highlights, I was absolutely certain that James Clark was the next Ted Ginn...  you win some, you lose some 

Share your #hottakes reviewed below

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments