Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Any Jewelry Experts? Looking for a Necklace to House an Actual Buckeye

+2 HS
IH8UOFM's picture
October 3, 2018 at 12:23pm
12 Comments

Somewhat of a story along with this request, but I am wondering if anyone has a "lucky buckeye" that they carry with them. I'm looking for some kind of necklace that could house/protect a buckeye I have.

Story time: I mentioned in the Gameday Meals thread that I lost my Grandmother earlier this year. I missed the Rutgers game as I was at her memorial (which I'm sure she thoroughly enjoyed being a life-long Michigan Wolverines die-hard).

During the memorial, my Aunt had all of her keepsakes out on a table. Trinkets, antiques, costume jewelry etc. And there it was...suddenly 30 years ago seemed like it just happened. Inside her jewelry box was the Buckeye I gave her when I was in 2nd grade, living in Ohio. She still had it. What a rush of emotions. I snatched it up as fast as I could and here I am. I have no idea why she saved this thing, and the fact that she lived in North Carolina the last years of her life and STILL had this nut...I'm still in shock.

Its now my good luck charm. Yeah, its probably all coincidence, but I like to think otherwise. Last Saturday, through 15 beers and 3 minor coronaries-8 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter, I went up to the fridge and took my Buckeye off the top of it and put it in my pocket. This thing is very special to me, any input is much appreciated. Thanks guys!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 12 Comments