Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

11W'ers that are into fitness? Check in here!

+14 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture
May 3, 2017 at 9:49am
104 Comments

So I have always wanted to get a workout/running/fitness discussion going on 11w, however, whenever I've mentioned it in threads that are at all vaguely related to the topic, I typically get flamed and made fun of for initiating that type of discussion. 

Typically what gets said in responses is something to the effect of: "Why workout when you can eat bacon?" 

However, given that it's the offseason, spring football is over, and the draft has come and gone and the only things going on are baseball and the end of the NBA and NHL seasons, I figured now is as good a time as any to get a discussion going over workout habits/success stories and whatever have you.

My fitness journey began towards the end of February 2016.  I was 285lbs, and health wise I was a mess.  Sleep apnea, GERD, high blood pressure... Not good.  I got sick of it, and realized I wanted to live long enough to see my kids become productive adults, and that mindset has really catapulted me to where I am today.

As of present I weigh 195lbs, my BF% is down to 15.4%, and all my health issues have gone away.

I do strength training 5 days a week, and run about 20 miles or so a week.  Running has become my legit passion.  So much so that I got a part time job at Runner's Plus in Dayton so that I can kind of stay connected to the industry (and get a nice discount on apparel and shoes).

Diet wise I made a clean sweep of what I was eating.  Now it's lots of fruit and veggies, lean proteins, low sodium, and I regulate my calories.  I still eat a lot, but I eat a lot of the better foods.

However, I do indulge once a week and go bonkers on a cheat meal.  I think that moderation is super important, and I've found that going crazy on some pizza and ice cream once a week keeps me motivated throughout the week.  Like if I put in some extra work, I can feel a little better about going to town on some junk food.

Maybe this thread could be used as encouragement, and story telling for those of us that are on the fitness journey, and maybe it will help some of those that want to get started but don't know how?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 104 Comments