Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

What really common food do you hate despite everyone else loving it?

+12 HS
Brohio's picture
November 18, 2016 at 3:48pm
255 Comments

Let me preface this by saying I'm a VERY adventurous eater. I've eaten and loved raw whale sashimi in Tokyo, an unbelievable amount of insects in Mexico, Balut (fertilized duck eggs with an in tact fetus inside for the unititiated), Korean silk worm larvae.... I could go on for days. In my circle of friends, my crazy eating adventures are a hot topic. Anyway, you get the point. And despite all this, the bane of my culinary existence is Ranch dressing. It bothers me so much that I don't like it. I see people pouring it on everything and smiling like Christmas morning when they eat it. I've tried so many times and it takes everything I have to prevent me from gagging. I sent an order of wings back yesterday because despite asking for no ranch, they included it and it had spilled over into the wings. My friends looked at me like they just found out I worked at Auschwitz. Absolute anger and bewilderment that I could not stomach something like ranch after eating the weirdest shit on Earth. Are there any really common foods that everyone likes that you hate? I can't be the only one. 

P.S. I can eat cilantro and raw cucumbers just fine, but I usually order without because my taste buds are super sensitive to the point that I could eat an entire burrito filled with the spiciest, flavorful meats and veggies, but I only pick up the cilantro and it feels like I'm eating a solid log of cilantro. Same with cucumbers. I don't dislike them and actually enjoy the taste on its own, but just overpowering for me mixed with anything. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 255 Comments