Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

New Neighbor Dispute (please help)

+2 HS
So aMaysn's picture
June 19, 2016 at 8:47am
84 Comments

I recently purchased my first home and it's in an area that is being gentrified, so I have a mix of neighbors that are owners that care and renters who don't. I knew what I was signing up for and decided it was worth the investment and wanted to play the long game. Yesterday evening I had my first dispute with my neighbors (renter who doesn't care), my girlfriend and her son (7 years old) live with me and he wanted to go in the backyard to shoot his Nerf guns. Mom is out of town so I gave him the green light. My buddies were over my house to hang out, so I decided I would go grab us all some pizza. Get a call from my buddy that the neighbors dog had attacked my 7 year old little fella and bit him on the back. I make it back in a matter of minutes and confirm what actually happened; what I really wanted to know was did my little fella go over to their property or did the dog come over to my property. Of course he tells me that the dog saw him in the backyard, broke off his chain (that was secured with a cheap piece of leather) and came after him. Luckily he just had minor bite marks on his back. My girl was in an uproar when I FaceTimed her while she is on a weekend trip with her girlfriends out in LA celebrating her 30th birthday. She wants the cops to come and take the dogs away for good, I would be fine if they weren't allowed to have them outside at all outside of walking them to use the restroom.

I come here to see how I should handle the situation with the neighbor? I already spoke to the police and they are willing to file an official report in guessing to help me recoup my money for the urgent care bills/meds. 

Thanks Dubbers and happy Father's Day!!!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 84 Comments