Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Two Things For Certain:1)There is no Such Thing as Offseason 2)This is the Age of Cancer

+3 HS
Blackcoffee's picture
May 24, 2016 at 9:12am
8 Comments

Most of the effort in putting this fundraising together was generated by a lifelong friend in Columbus, Ohio, where I hail from myself. I am an expatriat, but, after giving it much thought, realized I am a Buckeye homer through and through, even if my life continues 8000 miles away. I honestly hesitated in posting this, but theres nothing worse than letting personal issues get in the way of rooting for the Buckeyes when they stomp OK in the fall. To be quite honest, the money raised to this point has come quite close to addressing my issues with backrent, and the next step is getting the old work vehicle up and running. Why do I say we are "living in the age of cancer"? Because actual statistics with regard to, lets say, breast cancer, state that at least one in seven women have breast cancer. This is not a USA statistic, but a statistic that encompasses the whole world. In other words, one in seven women in Israel have breast cancer, maybe even more, just as one in seven women in America have breast cancer. But the reality is, once a loved one, your mother, the mother of your children, maybe a distant aunt, gets cancer, the effect is as a stone skipped across a clear lake in the morning...it ripples outward, with those closest to where the stone hit the water feeling the most turmoil, and you all of a sudden become aware of so many others around that are battling cancer, breast, lung, prostrate, hodgkins, the names are endless, the cancer is real. Anyways, off my soapbox, enjoy the "offseason"? nah, ain't no such thing as offseason Go Bucks!

https://www.youcaring.com/milton-frank-571524#.VztMhZXsxnE.gmail

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 8 Comments