Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

A Soldiers Child Foundation

+7 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture
March 23, 2016 at 6:03pm
11 Comments

So I've been in Nashville for the past few days for a sales rally, and one of the main initiatives for my company is stewardship. We have 2 sales rallies a year, and each one always has a big stewardship event that the entire team participates in, which was a little over 600 people this year.  This time, we worked with A Soldiers Child Foundation, and all I can say is how truly humbled I, and every one of the rest of my coworkers were. We wrapped presents for every kid who has an April Birthday, and boxed them up.  They also had 5 kids there that each had a separate themed birthday party, and we were all split up among the 5 parties, along with some help from the Tennessee Titans cheerleaders and mascot. The Foundation was setup to make sure these kids have something special on their birthdays, because one or both of their parents died serving this country.  The Foundation has expanded to include mentorship programs after they reach 18yrs old. 

I'm not posting this promoting the Foundation, and not even going to post the link, so if it needs to be taken down that's fine. But more of a big thank you to all of the veterans on this site and around the world. My biggest regret so far in life is not serving in the military. I don't have a death wish or savior complex, but I didn't grow up in a military family so it wasn't really ever pushed.  Again, thank you to all on this site, and all over the world who have served the greatest country the world has ever seen.  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 11 Comments