Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

MLB the Show 2015/2016 for PS4

+1 HS
Rob Reese's picture
March 10, 2016 at 10:33am
22 Comments

Question for those that play - first, on RTTS mode, I absolutely devour pitching the first 15-25 games. I literally look like a cross between Trout and Harper hopped up on amphetamines.  Then I promptly get mauled the remainder of the season and hit .225, before being sent back to the Gwennett Braves (Atlanta's AAA club - who drafted me in 3rd round).  Is that normal?  Is that the game's/CPU's AI?  Or does the game actually ramp up in difficulty the better you do?  I play in <experienced> mode (although I'm a first timer for about 2-3 weeks now, I just find <beginner> too easy, although I'm beginning to second guess that choice).  Also, low curves and sliders from right handed pitchers absolutely buckle my knees and destroy me, even when I know it's coming. Any tips from you successful twitchers would be welcomed.  I don't use analog sticks if that makes a difference, I instead use the control pad to hit.

Secondly, any word if your personal Diamond Dynasty squad - like RTTS - is carrying over to the 2016 game?  I've read conflicting reports.  I'm imagining all the teams are going to look quite similar if so.

Thirdly, this game is going to cost me grad school, my career and my gf as I spend way, way too much time on it.  But it's baseball, so.....kind of a worthy trade off imho. 

Also, and maybe most importantly if any of you guys want to start a league for MLB the Show 2016, I'm down.  I've already preordered it.  Hit me up on PSN network; TheHoytArcher.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 22 Comments