Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Need some ideas for a wall mural

0 HS
Louie1131's picture
February 15, 2016 at 12:38am
48 Comments

Yo 11W'ers,

About once a year or so I get really bored (and for some reason it always seems to coincide with the lull that is the football offseason). With so much excess weekend free time I like to attempt something artistic that requires me to pay more when I inevitably move out of my current apartment (i.e. draw on the walls like my 2 year old daughter). However, this year I'm having a bit of wanna-be-artist-block. Luckily, I'm currently in the throes of a wonderful relationship with an actual artist of worth whom I affectionately refer to as "The Russian Princess" (as she is both Russian and descendent of whatever the hell Russian royalty used to be). Sooooooo, I told her I would sketch up the image on the wall in pencil (I'm not half bad at drawing) and she promised to do the painting after the fact (I've never done any large scale painting). This is where you come in, because I really could use some ideas! To give some perspective of the project, the mural will be directly over my bed in a space roughly 8 feet wide by 6 feet tall on an off-white rough-plaster wall. Additionally, I only plan on living here for one more year so I have absolutely zero qualms with permanence. I don't want to do anything sports-related (too cheesy) but would rather do something that makes me say "Hell Yeah" whenever I walk into my bedroom (or rather, makes the Russian Princess say 'Hell Yea' whenever she walks into my bedroom). And remember, if your idea is chosen you will forever be in the back of my mind every time I'm in bed (so there's a lot riding on this for all of you vicarious livers of other's lives)..........

The pics below are some of my previous solo work, but remember that I'm only doing the sketch/outline in pencil and will have the image finished in acrylic paint. So interesting color schemes would be a really cool addition to an awesome image.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 48 Comments