Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Any Home Brewers Out Here?

0 HS
BrewstersMillions's picture
October 16, 2015 at 11:50am
27 Comments

So Eleven Warriors is cool right? Its a resource to all things Buckeye related and as a result is populated by Buckeye fans-people I consider to be among the most intelligent in the world. Anyway, I thought I'd start here before going into a supply store and walking out with things I don't know how to use, don't need just yet, or were shiny and caught my attention (PS, I am easily distracted). After about 2 years of talking about it, my wife has finally given me the go ahead to start home brewing. I am a full blown beer snob and figure the next level of that snobbery is to make my own. 

My question is to those of you that have done\currently do make their own beer is where do I start? I've read Charlie Papazian's The Complete Joy of Homebrewing cover to cover and made copious notes and will start by heading off to a local home brew supply store. I'm aware of the equipment and ingredients that new-to-the-hobby enthusiasts need so I have a basic shopping list in mind but wanted to know if there were any inside tips from real people about things a new guy doesn't think about. Was there anything you wish you knew when you started?

As always, thanks for the help in advance bros and sisses. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 27 Comments