Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Columbus Neighborhoods for a middle aged couple

0 HS
Thedrw's picture
August 27, 2015 at 6:40pm
36 Comments

I am at least a year away from doing this, but my wife are empty nesters and will be downsizing. We are strongly considering relocating from suburban Akron to Columbus. I have spent much time in Columbus and I am quite familiar with many areas, but will be looking for a new job and may be on a side of town that puts me out of my comfort zone. My current preferred areas would be anywhere between German Village and UA, up the Scioto, and Bexley.

We would be looking for a small house with a small yard (<7000 sq') or a condo. Would like a safe, walkable neighborhood (some or all of; restaurants, grocery, services, etc.). We have no problems with diverse neighborhoods, but I don't want to be the only white guy. I haven't spent much time east of Bexley since I was a kid, but I understand the Eastmoor, Linwood areas are not too nice anymore. What else would meet these needs on the East Side? Also, not sure what neighborhoods in Dublin and Hilliard are walkable.

Price? Depending on what we get for our house here, my guess is our max budget will be between 150,000 and 200,000.

Thanks for helping me get started on our search.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 36 Comments