Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Superstitious much? I am.

0 HS
Redlegs1000's picture
August 11, 2015 at 12:41pm
57 Comments

Last night was doing laundry with my wife, and she had to let me put clothes on hangers because of a funny little superstitious habit I picked up somewhere along the line of being a rabid Ohio State Buckeye Fan. I'll go on record of saying that last season has since broken me of this habit because of just the way the greatest season in college football history went down. From the injuries to our QB's, to the three amazing games we prevailed in as the underdog with our third string quarterback at the helm to bring home the championship, it was a season where no matter the luck, our Buckeyes prevailed. Thus a silly superstition seemed irrelevant to me.

The silly action in question?: Shirts red in color or Ohio State shirts of any kind cannot touch hangers that are blue or yellow or any color of any team that The Ohio State Buckeyes are playing in that particular week. This has also spilled over to my favorite NFL Football team the New York Giants whose colors are blue and red. Giants shirts or those that are considered "Giant Blue" cannot touch hangers that are green, "cowboy blue", maroon and gold, or any color of team that the giants are playing that week. This is the same for the Reds & Bluejackets, although I'm not as strict because more frequent games per week.

I know, I know pretty crazy. I was wondering, however, if anyone else out there in Buckeyeland observed similar pregame or superstitious rituals leaning toward the insane that they still recognize or have since retired in the light of the recent success of our beloved football team.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 57 Comments