Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

My Wish-ESPN

0 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture
July 23, 2015 at 8:45am
20 Comments

So I think it's say to safe that there are many in these parts who don't care too much for ESPN and many of it's on air personalities and their opinions.  However, I also think it's safe to say that many of us on here are level headed enough to recognize a positive, no matter where it's from or who did it.  

ESPNs "My Wish" segments are top notch.  I've seen a few this week including the John Cena one (who's granted an amazing amount of wishes BTW, I think it was over 500), Michael Phelps and this morning with Andrew McCutcheon. I don't know how long they air these, but I believe it's only for a week or 2 usually.  That would be my only complaint is to do these year round and have one air every day.  

I have 2 kids, and their health and well being is not something I take for granted.  My daughter was born 6 weeks early and spent 24 days in the NICU. She's as healthy as can be now, but being in there for 24 days, we saw a lot, including a baby who had to be flown on the Medivac to Johns Hopkins due to complications.  Those types of things really put life into perspective, and makes you appreciate just how much of a miracle the birth of a child really is.

Despite what the media is usually reporting on, there are athletes who do the right thing and make these kids wishes come true, and kudos to ESPN for producing these stories.  We have been seeing it a lot recently around the Ohio State program as well, and I hope it's something that continues for years to come.  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 20 Comments