Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Alabama, 2nd Least Liked State

0 HS
v65animal's picture
July 7, 2015 at 8:34am
14 Comments

Living in Alabama, I have to disagree, I've been to New Jersey, parts of it are beautiful! :-) It was only for a day though, and I wasn't in "The City"

http://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015/07/good_news_alabama_were_not_t...

There is some (sort of) good news for Alabama in a recent ranking of most and least liked states in America.

The good news is the Heart of Dixie is not at the bottom of the list. That spot is occupied by New Jersey, which just so happens to be the only state that the majority of responders to a recent You Gov survey had an unfavorable opinion of (40 percent unfavorable to 30 percent favorable with a "net favorability" rating of negative 10 percent.)

And where did Alabama fall on the list? That would be number 49 - that's second most disliked - with a favorability rating of a paltry 8. That puts us behind Illinois, Mississippi, Indiana and Arkansas.

Of those polled, 11 percent said they had a "very favorable" view of Alabama; 28 percent said "somewhat favorable;" 18 percent "somewhat unfavorable;" 13 percent "very unfavorable;" and 31 percent "didn't know."

Overall, more men than women had a very favorable opinion of Alabama (14 percent to 18 percent); more people age 65 and older (15 percent) than 18-29 (7 percent) and more Republicans than Democrats (19 to 11 percent.)

The opinion of the state among different races is close. Eleven percent of whites said they had a very favorable opinion of the state, compared to 12 percent of blacks and 7 percent of Hispanics.

The most positively viewed state of the union is Hawaii because, well, it's just hard to beat Hawaii.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 14 Comments