Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

2014 11W Reader's Choice Awards: Most Memorable Staff Smackdown

Matt Gutridge's picture
May 8, 2015 at 6:30am
65 Comments
11W

2015 ELEVEN WARRIORS READER'S CHOICE AWARDS

Eleven Warriors is too awesome for the Pulitzer Prize. So, I figured we (the readers) should vote for our favorites on the most awesomest of websites on the interwebz.

Over the next two weeks I will post a new category each day that you can vote on. Categories will cover the staff, Ohio State football and the members of Eleven Warriors. Voting will close 24 hours after each category is posted. I will post an article with all of the winners after this series ends.

Today's category focuses on staff members of Eleven Warriors and calls for you to decide on:

2014's MOST MEMORABLE STAFF SMACKDOWN

An excerpt from the article that started it all:

...YouTube user LawTide423 is apparently one of those folks who is no stranger to ranting in front of his webcam. (Trigger warning: Video [and its recap] features football language.)

As you can guess, this guy has a few #takes regarding the Sugar Bowl, and if you suspend belief in reality and take it for its unintentional humor, LawTide423's latest work is a treasure trove of comedy.

It starts out with a montage of past Alabama glory and Nick Saban taking his players boating and then inconspicuously shifts to pudgy white men wearing Alabama clothing.

LawTide423 then makes his entrance, and in a belated gift to us all, he's wearing sunglasses indoors

[...]

In the end, this video brought enough crazy to check multiple Tide stereotypes off the list, so I refuse to be upset about it. In fact, I think LawTide423 should get a statue next to Nick Saban.

An excerpt from Ramzy's announcement of M Man's ban:

TL; DR - he's suspended | update: permanently.

We are all snowflakes with differing opinions on things, which is why we allow people with eternally douchey handles like "M Man" to even register here. Everyone is welcome. Follow the rules and remember where you are.

M Man, whose half-inch penis is likely fully erect seeing his douchey handle in multiple subject lines on this site currently, has made dozens of contributions to this site. He's absolutely nailed the smarmy opposing fan who uses the word "classy" without cringing. He is that guy. Some of you enjoy that; some of us don't. Snowflakes. That's all fine.

So, like many of you, I watched the user TedGinnIsFasterThanYou repeatedly violate the comment policy over the weekend, insulting other users, getting political and doing just about whatever possible to be a shitty member of this community.

[...]

As it turns out, TedGinnIsFasterThanYou was one of 10 accounts created by a single user, with new email accounts tied to each one, and all traced to the same IP address in Pennsylvania. 

Links to the articles can be found under each staff member's picture.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 65 Comments