Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

EDIT: Gene Smith Only A Millionaire

0 HS
THE's picture
March 23, 2015 at 10:12pm
23 Comments

So, we've discussed Gene Smith's contract perks in the form of his bonus structure for team titles as well as individual athlete titles. 

The fake outrage crowd makes web-streetmeat out of everytime its happens. I see he gets another $18447 for Steibers title. I am not going to read his full contract (http://media.cleveland.com/osu_impact/other/Gene_Smith_Contract_-2013-20...) but it sounds as though he'll get it for Tomasello as well as the team title. Plus football. Plus all the other sports coming up this year...Gene-O is going to be a billionaire with all his bonuses. 

Edit: I stand corrected - his contract was restructured to not focus on individual titles and cap at $100,000 athletically and a combined cap with academics of $130,000.  Gene will have to deal with being a measly millionaire. He'll have to focus on academics as his athletic performance cap of $100,000 in bonuses is nearly reached already for 2015. Looks the they made a quiet PR move to restructure and hush the outrage crowd. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 23 Comments