Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Obscure song that you love.

+1 HS
BUCKEYE3M's picture
March 3, 2015 at 7:31am
198 Comments

Driving home from work yesterday, there was a song by Live on the radio.  It took me, like music often does, down memory lane.  I was thinking about the night in 1992 when I saw a little-known band from Erie, PA at St. Andrews Hall, in Detroit. Live had just released Mental Jewelry, and were starting to make a name for themselves.  BTW, if you haven't heard it, it's a great album. 

But, the inspiration for this post was an opening band for them - The Spent Poets.  They had one song in particular that I loved then, and love to this day.  It isn't one of those songs that makes you sentimental, it is just a cool song.  It does, now, take me back to that grand summer of 1992 (for me, at least) when I saw The Cure, Lalapalooza, and Live.  

What obscure song do you love, 11W?  I'm not talking about one hit wonders, but songs that most people have likely never heard of.  I'd like to hear some good music by local bands, bands that broke up, but had famous members, or whatever you got.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 198 Comments