Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Homework assignment for X's & O's guys like me

0 HS
BeatTTUN's picture
December 27, 2014 at 8:28am
2 Comments

O                         O O X O O    O

O                                                   O  O                                                        O

Above is the formation I have the most confidence in while developing my game plan to Beat Bama. I don't know if the O's and X's are going to line up correctly, so get a pencil and note book paper and draw out

Slot Left w/ inside guy on the LOS

TE flexed 3 spots over from RT

Split right WR

RB to the right of Cardale

Bama uses a base 3-4 and often a 3-3-5 vs 3 to 4 wide sets, whichever one they have on the field can be taken advantage of with this formation. Any of the 5 can line up in each spot in the formation creating multiple match ups. If you want you can draw it up on paper to put guys in the different spots.

The Deep threat & tight zone read threat combination is going to open a lot of holes in Bama's defense. More importantly the Buckeyes can keep good math on their side concerning the number of Bama players crowding the LOS. Bama has run a 4-1-6 defense which I don't think they will be able to against this formation because of the threat of running between or off tackle, the math isn't in their favor up front.

So if you want draw up the formation on paper let me know what routes you can see available. Also draw up the formation and then destroy it with your defensive brain. I have but it is a risky proposition that leaves the opportunity of a big play if the QB knows where to look.

I am an X's & O's honk and I am tired of competing with my brain so I thought it would be fun to get some feedback from 11w's

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 2 Comments