Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Little Known Gems in Columbus

0 HS
RK84's picture
September 16, 2014 at 4:24pm
92 Comments

So I was reading a couple of posts about what to do on the bye week. That got me thinking about great places around town to eat. I know most of the Cbus land-marks and the "you have to go to's".

What I was thinking was what are some of the secret mom and pop places in Columbus and surrounding areas?

I'll throw a couple out there first:

For a great breakfast through the week hit a spot on Broad St. in Bexley called Frank's. Its an old school diner with and amazing greasy spoon feel. The owner has always been super nice and the portions are ridiculous. I go with the Biscuits and Gravy. Havent been there in a while, only because I dont live there any longer.

Outside of Columbus, back in the Ohio Valley where I grew up there are a couple of great finds.

Wally's Pizza in Cambridge, Ohio. Its the Valley style pizza, you'll find similar in St. C, Bellaire, and M. Ferry. Big square pieces with the cheese thrown on last. I know they had one in Hilliard at one point, but it wasn't as good as the original.

Another would be Deep Cut Tavern on Old St. Route 40 about 5 miles outside of Cambridge heading east. Hole in the wall bar, with hole in the wall bar food. Great deep fried burger, cheap beer, and cool place. They took a bunch of pieces from the old high school's gym and incorporated it in the bar.

Ok there's a few, what do you all have? I'd love to try a new spot this weekend, nothing better than finding another place to eat well and drink too much!

As always GO BUCKS!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 92 Comments