Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

When is too early?

ohiowhitesnake's picture
August 29, 2014 at 11:41am
62 Comments

To start drinking on game day.  I live in Texas so I'm on CST. The game starts at 11 for me, so I was thinking beer and eggs for breakfast. I typically wait until kickoff, but this year I have the house to myself!

What is reasonable in your opinion?

MichaelJ721984's picture

Yesterday would have been the right time to start. 

+24 HS
Vinsaniti's picture

and not stop until you pass out saturday night

+4 HS
BoFuquel's picture

NOW! GO BUCKS!

I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

+4 HS
PortlandBuckeye45's picture

The only time, this week, im not drinking. Is when i'm at work. I have woken up to "IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!" and a beer, everyday! So, if you're not at work. Start now!

+7 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

When is the right time to stop drinking? I can't seem to....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+4 HS
LouBuck35's picture

When the cat's away, the mice will start drinking as soon as they wake up because its game day.

I want a fall Saturday in Ohio Stadium..

+5 HS
HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

The only wrong time to start drinking is before (or during) driving. Other than that, screw it. Start crackin when your eyes open.

+3 HS
BuckNutzGasMan's picture

When I was in school I used to wake up, have a beer or 2 in the shower, then walk to the tail gate

droessl's picture

You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning. 

+13 HS
countrybuckeye's picture

I actually have that sign in my kitchen. Words of wisdom I try to pass along to fellow travelers in this existence.  

"Momma told me there would be days like this."

Hovenaut's picture

I waited until school. 

Popular with the kids from kindergarten on...

Hate Week runneth over

+3 HS
apack614's picture

Drinking is bad for you, therefore, never is the right time.

JK! I plan on starting at about 8 tomorrow!

"If we worked half as hard as our band, we'd be champions." - Woody Hayes

+4 HS
DCBuckeye33's picture

if you have to ask you will never know.

GO BUCKS

+5 HS
sox33osu's picture

God I love this thread.

+2 HS
THE's picture

Trick question - Society rules and norms do not apply on game days. Start drinking as soon as you are awake and physically able...without shame. Typically a shot (or three) of bourbon will get you out of bed and get you lubed up enough to maintain a solid 12hour buzz of drinking shitty light beers. Go with a RedBull & Vodka if you start to feel drowzy/down.

If you're at home and not in public, go as hard as you can for as long as you can with the best booze you can afford. While still sober, set out a very large SmartWater on you night stand (you'll thank me later). We'll see you Sunday. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

+6 HS
LouBuck35's picture

^Not his first rodeo.

I want a fall Saturday in Ohio Stadium..

+6 HS
ohiowhitesnake's picture

what if I pass out in my recliner

+2 HS
droessl's picture

Coconut water is also great before turning in/passing out. 

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Milk is also a nice substitute if you're in a pinch

Mortc15's picture

I plan on cracking one open the moment Game Day comes on.

Yes, I know, not everyone is a game day fan but I do like the picks at the end and some of the insight given during it. Plus, it makes the morning go quicker to get to gametime.

Buck-I4Life

+3 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

No need to defend your opinion. Like it or not, Gameday is a tradition for some of us. 

+1 HS
ohiowhitesnake's picture

DC I don't have to ask...I was just making sure my thought process was in line with my fellow 11W's. 

I have some Fat Tire ready for my new 11W glasses!

+1 HS
FloridaBuck's picture

It's never too early. 

+1 HS
ohiowhitesnake's picture

Here's to game day eve 

bbb's picture

If you have to ask, then that means it's probably too early

-2 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

As long as when you do start drinking, you don't have that feeling in the back of your mind saying "dude, wtf?" As long as that doesn't come up, you are good to go.

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+1 HS
NW Buckeye's picture

Heck, we start watching the game at 9 a.m. in Seattle.  Never too early to have a cold one before kickoff.  However, our preferred early morning libation is a Bloody Mary!  

+1 HS
countrybuckeye's picture

Tru Dat (I am on the WestCoast, too) 

Calgarybuck's picture

It's 12 O'clock somewhere

+4 HS
cplunk's picture

I've found it useful to divide the day into the mimosa hours (breakfast), the rum & coke hours (light brunch), the nap hour, then the gametime drinking experience (margaritas, beer, chips & salsa). The late night game/post game can be capped off with a good scotch, enjoyed on the porch comtemplating the events of the day.

+3 HS
VintonCountyBuck's picture

Wtf?

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.” 

+3 HS
OSU_1992_UFM's picture

That is the smartest thing I've ever heard anyone say..ever

UFM_Renewal

+3 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

Send a tweet to Vodka Sam, she'll tell you at what time do you start for the ultimate drunk at the right moment. just use 1/4 of what she says to use, or you will end up in a hospital.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+5 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

First let me say that I enjoy a good drink. I have no aversion to alcohol and have spent many happy nights teetering on a bar stool. However, I might be in a small minority here, but I don't like drinking during Buckeye games, especially not the early ones. It's a personal thing, but I just don't see the game as well when I've got a buzz on.

-1 HS

I brew my own.. So whenever I have some on hand, then it's always time.

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.” 

+3 HS
Onionballz's picture

You are already late.  Better get on it.

E + R = O 

Event - 1st game of the season on Saturday

Response - Drinking

Outcome - Buckeye win.

"You must have been eating dumbfuck sandwiches when you came up with that logic" - Ramzy

+6 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Trick Question...

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+2 HS
GOOMBAY's picture

The flaw is considering when it is "reasonable" to start. As with all things Ohio State football and booze, I prefer to focus on when it is "possible" to start.

+4 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

Don't want to be so sloshed that you don't even remember watching the game. Start drinking an hour before and pace yourself. Patience grasshopper.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+5 HS
TURD_BUCKET's picture

A few bloody mary's with huevos rancheros,  anytime will do compadre.

“Being average means you are as close to the bottom as you are to the top.” John Wooden

+2 HS
Curt Heinrichs's picture

In my opinion, it's hard to top a shower beer on gameday. Hop in the shower, crack your first cold one. Sometimes it helps if you bring multiple just to be safe (note: this is almost always the case for Saturdays late in November). 

+4 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

It's always a good idea to have some drinking buddies with you when you start.

+4 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Is it wrong I find her buuuurp attractive?

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+6 HS
Rob Reese's picture

No. No it isn't. 

If you need italics to understand or imply sarcasm, then you're doing it wrong.

+4 HS
countrybuckeye's picture

Ahh, that's my girl!

I didn't see anything after noticing her lack of bra.

+2 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Are you sure it's her burp that you find attractive?

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+1 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

Well, I'm in love now

and LMAO @ the guy in the red striped shirt

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+1 HS
ohiowhitesnake's picture

That makes me thirsty

Mr. Bungle's picture

~~Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

W. C. Fields

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Anyone remember Mickey's Big Mouth? One of my college days favorites

+2 HS
ohiowhitesnake's picture

Update

I got an early start tonight...hope the Bloody Mary taste great in the morning 

Seattle Linga's picture

Don't forget Mimosa - a great morning drink

+1 HS
irishfury's picture

Anyone else like me?  I drank for ten years then just one day it tasted bad to me.   I've been sober for two years with no urge to have a drink.  I also didn't quit drinking cause I had a problem.  Just gave it up cause it did give that same feeling anymore.  Its weird.

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Congrats Fury - I know many people that struggle with alcohol - lean on us if you ever have a rough day!

Sister in Law doesn't struggle anymore after 20 some years but she says it's a daily memory. 

+1 HS
BeatTTUN's picture

Having Kids changed things for me.

I went from being Farva to being a Father.

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Cheers!

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+1 HS
BeatTTUN's picture

12:01 AM Monday of Game Week is the acceptable time to begin drinking

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I was always told it was as soon as the final whistle blew on the current game.

+1 HS
robobuck's picture

I was in Alberta Canada for the 09 version of the Ohio State Navy game. I was way back in the mountains and had to go to the home of some Czech immigrants who had the most premium cable package to actually have the Big Ten Network. I got there at 9:30 they told me to help myself I think I finished off 3 or 4 awesome Czech Pilsners (The town of Pilsn is in the Czech republic) needless to say I had to delay my drive to Spokane a few hours.

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.  1 Corinthians 9:24

+1 HS
js2378's picture

I miss the days in college where I would be out all night and have to set an alarm at noon to catch the game. Nothing like waking up to Buckeye football. My Saturday mornings now are a complete disaster.

+1 HS