Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Sad news out of Kent State

KeithMC33's picture
August 20, 2014 at 2:54pm
14 Comments

Just heard on the radio that Jason Bitsko, the starting C for the Kent State football team passed away today. Apparently someone found him in bed and he was unresponsive. They said there may have been an undetected medical issue, but it is too early to know for sure.

Very sad. RIP young man. 

dubjayfootball90's picture

Wow. Absolutely terrible news. Thoughts and prayers with his family, friends and the Kent State Community. Kind of speechless right now.

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+2 HS
sox33osu's picture

Oh man, this is horrible to hear. RIP young man.

+1 HS
Buckataltitude's picture

Terrible news. Prayers to his family and friends. Sad to see someone leave us at a young age.

+1 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

Terrible. Prayers sent to him and his family and friends.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

+1 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

Awful, prayers sent.

Looks to be a former high school teammate of Braxton???

+1 HS
CinncyBuckFan06's picture

Horrible news, sure makes a bad shoulder take a back seat!

+5 HS
Rob Reese's picture

Oh my goodness.  Awful news.

"All I have known at Michigan is failure.  That's all I know." - Taylor Lewan

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Not a bad way to go...just way too soon.

RIP

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Shows how little football and injuries actually are on a life scale.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+3 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Sad to read.

My condolences to the Bitsko family, as well as the Kent State community.

+1 HS
ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

That is horrible news.  RIP.

I randomly came across an image of #54 for Kent State this morning (don't even remember what I was searching for), but I didn't look at it.  That's the one who passed.  One of Braxton's high school teammates, too.  It might have been a tough day yesterday for us Buckeye fans with the Braxton news, but the season-ending injury is so inconsequential next to this.

Class of 2010.

+1 HS
Habu71's picture

Having a child attend KSU right now causes this to hit home more than I'd like. My heart goes out to the young man's parents and the rest of his family, friends and teammates. Praying that the grace and peace of God cover them all during this very difficult time.

+1 HS
apack614's picture

Awful to hear. Prayes to all family and friends! RIP

"If we worked half as hard as our band, we'd be champions." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
npilolli's picture

I live just a few min from Kent State here in Akron.  This is just terrible sad news.  My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, friends, and teammates.  RIP!!

O-H-I-O!!!!

+1 HS