Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Where in Central Ohio is my Craig Krenzel Matryoshka Doll? Week 3

Remy's picture
August 1, 2014 at 4:44pm
10 Comments
Where is my Craig Krenzel Doll?

Where is my Craig Krenzel Matryoshka Doll?

Hint is below.

Remy's picture

After visiting COSI and the Drexel, my kids and the Craig Krenzel Matryoshka doll were ready for some outdoor culture. I took them west from the Drexel and we visited the grounds of the first international exhibition of this kind in the United States. The exhibition was held at this site in 1992. Although I did not visit this site during its run 22 years ago, I had a fun time visiting with family and the Krenzel doll a couple of weeks ago.

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." ~ Mitch Hedberg

+5 HS
BrooklynBuckeye's picture

Ameriflora! But I can't remember where that was.

+2 HS
Remy's picture

BrooklynBuckeye is on the right track. Challenge yourself and try to name the site without using a search engine.

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." ~ Mitch Hedberg

+1 HS
Remy's picture

Another angle of the picture above:

Another angle.

+3 HS
jedkat's picture

Franklin Park Conservatory

I loved going there when I lived in Ohio

"I was tired of trying to work my way around the back, so I just ran him over"

~ Joey Bosa

+2 HS
Remy's picture

Jedkat has the right answer! My first visit to Franklin Park Conservatory was when I attended Franklin Alternative Middle School.  We took a walk there in the spring of '89 or '90. They were getting the grounds ready for Ameriflora and they were prepping for the event.

My kids had a fun time exploring the outside of the Conservatory. Next time we'll have to go inside.

FPC

+2 HS
BucksfanXC's picture

Remy, I love your genuine effort to contribute meaningfully to this site. You provide so much more than a witty comment or a sexy gif. For that, you deserve all the upvotes my friend. Keep up the good work!

“Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect.”  - Woody

+2 HS
Remy's picture

BucksFanXC, Thank you the kind words.

+4 HS
Fatpants's picture

The man's efforts are quite admirable. 

+1 HS
ShoeHolder's picture

Franklin Park may be the definition of "diamond in the rough". The park is absolutely unbelievable in the Spring but it is extremely unfortunate the direction that neighborhood has gone in terms of crime. 

"Hippies. They're everywhere. They wanna save the Earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad."

+1 HS