Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Bourbon Family Tree

BuckeyeOfTheTiger's picture
July 30, 2014 at 9:37am
11 Comments
MN Buckeye's picture

Thanks, Tiger! Now I can trace my ancestry.

+2 HS
BTBuckeye's picture

I'm a beer guy but this is helpful. I'm always confused when it comes to whiskey. Tx

+1 HS
Oldschoolbuck's picture

I think I love you, BuckeyeOfTheTiger!

The wife and I did the Bourbon Trail in KY several years ago - Buffalo Trace was closed to tourists at the time (?!?!); Jim Beam was undergoing massive renovations but still had tastings; Four Roses was also closed (again, WTH, it was August for pete's sake!)... Maker's Mark (a good tour), Heaven Hill (the other love of my life was forged there - Elijah Craig 18 year old single barrel), Wild Turkey (meh), and Woodford Reserve (set in horse country outside Lexington - beautiful surroundings and great whiskey) were all open for tourists/tastings. If you're a bourbon lover, it's a definite must (stay in Bardstown, convenient to most of the distilleries, and they have a bourbon/jazz/cigar festival there in September, if memory serves).

+1 HS
PG_BUCK's picture

Thanks Tiger, great link. I'm always looking for the less expensive bourbons/whiskeys that are equivalent due to the distilleries all being the same and this plots it out real nice.....now off to the Liquor store.....as soon as work is over.

Go BUCKS!

+1 HS
Texasbucksfan's picture

Love it.   I have fallen from many of those trees.  :)

+2 HS
Dirty419Boy's picture

Very cool.  Thanks for the link.

Mr. Bungle's picture

I'm not seeing Ezra Brooks/Old Ezra.  Am I missing it in the link?

mmounts's picture

Beam inc. (Jim Beam, Makers, Knob Creek) was bought by Suntory, a Japanese company, back in Jan. 

PG_BUCK's picture

I went to buy some Weller last night after reading this and the liquor store was completely sold out. Apparently a lot of people saw this article.

Go BUCKS!

babbski's picture

For a cheaper bourbon, Weller's extremely hard to find most of the year, especially in Ohio. Not sure if you'd have better luck at Party Source in northern KY, but it might be worth a call.

Mr. Bungle's picture

Love Weller!  We can't get it in Ohio.