Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Two Coats That Need A Good Home

buckeyeEddie27's picture
July 24, 2014 at 9:52am
15 Comments

Fellow 11W's I have a consulted with the powers that be here on our favorite site (Jason) and asked permission to put two of my OSU coats up for adoption.
Over the past two years I've been on a mission to get myself back to being healthy and fit. For the most part I'm succeeding. As a byproduct of the weight loss I no longer can wear a lot of my Buckeye gear. So I'm selling my two coats to a good home.
There are two for sale and I'm willing to negotiate. These coats/jackets (whatev) are in excellent condition and the ONLY reason I'm selling is that they now look like Hot Air Balloons deflated around a telephone pole on me. Any interest is appreciated and thanks for reading.
Both jackets/coats are size XXL. Forgot to mention that!

http://columbus.craigslist.org/clo/4584543474.html.

Young_Turk's picture

Just a suggestion, you might consider posting what size they are.  I have no idea if you went from an XL to a small, or a triple X to XL.

Congrats on the weight loss, that's awesome!!!

+3 HS
Young_Turk's picture

Oh, I see now, you've got a pic of the tag showing XXL.  Still, you may want to put it in text or in the title.  

+1 HS
buckeyeEddie27's picture

Good call. I'll do that now. Thanks!

I know there's a game Saturday, and my ass will be there.

+1 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture

Looking at this I was thinking how cool it would be to have some sort of "Buckeye Exchange" where folks could sell their memorabilia and apparel to other Buckeye fans.  I know I have a heaping pile of great stuff that my wife wants me to get rid of.  I'd love to see it go to a great Buckeye home.

+6 HS
BucksfanXC's picture

Damn, wish I still wore XXL. Got down to a Large now myself, so congrats fellow weight loser and sorry I can't help take them off your hands.

“Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect.”  - Woody

+1 HS
BuckeyeSouth's picture

Congrats on the weight loss!

Embrace it.

OSUStu's picture

Congrats and well done on the hard work and new fitness.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

Unky Buck's picture

Congrats on the weight loss! I've been through it too and know exactly what you're dealing with in regards to clothes just not fitting. It just looks odd to wear such big clothes when you've lost weight, even 20-30 lbs. Keep up the good work!

KeithMC33's picture

Congrats on the weight loss!! 

unknownmusketeer's picture

Wouldn't it be awesome if the next jacket owner went through a similar weight loss transformation and had to sell the coats next year? Brotherhood of the Weight Loss Pants Coats?

Unky Buck's picture

Hey, it's a way to follow in Woody's steps and pay it forward in a way. Maybe not monetarily, but at least in the idea of encouraging someone else to lose weight. Kind of a cool thought.

+1 HS
buckeyeEddie27's picture

Thanks for the encouragement! Hoping i'll get a bite on the coats!

KeithMC33's picture

I asked my dad if he would be interested, and while he is very much so, i will have to see how he is with Columbia cut jackets. His arms are usually too big for the type of cut Columbia has so that's always been an issue

buckeyeEddie27's picture

Thanks for passing the word along Keith!