Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

LeBron sends cupcakes

apack614's picture
July 23, 2014 at 7:05am
32 Comments
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Pfft, probably didn't even bake 'em himself.

+18 HS
Habu71's picture

Do you even bake bro?

+18 HS
Tater_Schroeder's picture

Mike and Mike had a pretty good segment about the cupcakes this morning. All assumed it was Lebron's wife's idea.

How Firm Thy Friendship

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Golic will probably make a trip to the local bakery on his way home today from work!

+2 HS
buckeyedude's picture

I wonder if Mrs. James made the cupcakes, or they got them from the local Kroger's bakery?

+1 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

it says in other stories (if you want to go to them, its on their front page) that the cupcakes come from a local bakery that was making the cupcakes for the Lebron Foundation. The names of the two flavors are stupid, basically cherry and chocolate.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+2 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Cupcakes for everyone!!!!!!!!!! ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+3 HS
Poison nuts's picture

Mmmmm, seizure cakes!

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

+15 HS
Earle's picture

A diabetic epileptic's nightmare.

Just say no to italics abuse.

+6 HS
OSU069's picture

Maybe he should also offer personal training? 

I read this story on ESPN, this was apart of the story:

David Galehouse, a rising sophomore at Ohio State whose childhood home is a few blocks from James' house

who is David Galehouse and why is he a "rising sophomore"? they make it sound like he is a basketball player for OSU.

+1 HS

that tells me nothing. I don't care what he looks like, why is he a "rising sophomore at Ohio State"? Especially wearing a gamecocks shirt!

PittBuckeye's picture

They meant he was just waking up as the piece was published. Those literal writers.

+4 HS
OSUStu's picture

It means that the student is in between their freshman and sophomore years.  The terminology would seem to make more sense for high school when there is an actual break between school years.  I am not sure how you can be a rising sophomore if college is in session during the full year.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

Byaaaahhh's picture

Maybe there's more either before or after your quotation, but the term "rising _____" doesn't exclusively apply to scholar athletes. Just means he was a freshman last year and will be a sophomore this year.

+4 HS
gumtape's picture

He should have sent them Caroline's cupcakes.

High and tight boo boo

+1 HS
What Would Troy Smith Do's picture

Was I the only one hoping they had been baked by our own Chef.......RAEKWON!

+3 HS
Oyster's picture

LeBron remains to be a class act

Were you living in a cave during The Decision?

-10 HS
Gametime's picture

You mean the one which had poor foresight, but which proceeds went to the Boys & Girls Club of America?

Let it go bro, he came back, lol

Between goals and achievement is discipline and consistency. That fire you have inside to do whatever you love is placed there by God. Now go claim it. ~ Denzel Washington

+10 HS
Oyster's picture

There is nothing to let go, I don't follow the NBA.  I do think that stringing along the Cleveland fans was in poor taste though.

-2 HS
Wilkins78's picture

It was, and he even admits it.  People make mistakes.

+7 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

That's what I'm saying, he admits it freely, so whats the harm in mentioning it. Heck ESPN spent the last month showing it every day so it's still fresh in the memory. 

Obviously he learned and handled this go round a whole lot better, about as well as he possibly could have.

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Had poor foresight? Talk about an understatement, how about it was put together by people who didn't bother to consider what they were doing for 2 seconds.

And they easily could have raised a whole lot more money for that if that was really their goal. They wanted a spectacle, and got that, lets not act like it was about the kids.

That being said, yes it's long since been time to let it go. That doesn't mean we should pretend it was about the kids. 

+2 HS
apack614's picture

Yeah I was haha but I'm letting that be the past and I am embracing his new found ways

Btw I wasn't the downvote

"If we worked half as hard as our band, we'd be champions." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
I_Run_The_Dave's picture

Were you living in a cave during The Decision?

Have you been living in a cave since then?

+2 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Damn...what's it cost to be Lebron's neighbor?

+2 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Right. I wouldn't think Lebron would even have neighbors. His compound has to be larger than the Akron city limits.

+1 HS
Scarlet_Buckeye's picture

I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet...

Does anyone think the cupcakes that LeBron delivered were from the Caroline's Cupcakes (i.e., the cupcake store that had the news that LeBron was returning back to the Cavs).  Maybe this is the evidence/proof they had [i.e., LeBron put in his order way in advance].

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2014/07/lebrons_return_...

+2 HS
gumtape's picture

No, just me like 4 hours before you.

High and tight boo boo

+1 HS
gumtape's picture

oops post

High and tight boo boo